HMFC v DAFC

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Can you elaborate for us young pups?

League cup semi-final 1991 v Airdrie. Pars were given a penalty for Sandison chesting the ball a yard outside the box. 

Pars scored the penalty and went on to win the game on penalties. Big Norrie scoring the winning penalty kick. 

David Syme was the ref.

League cup semi-final 1991 v Airdrie. Pars were given a penalty for Sandison chesting the ball a yard outside the box. 
Pars scored the penalty and went on to win the game on penalties. Big Norrie scoring the winning penalty kick. 
David Syme was the ref.

Get it up them

2 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Somewhat unbelievably, not Davie Syme's worst ever decision but certainly up there in Scottish football's list 

What it not David Syme at Firhill when Paddy Connolly scored in the top corner for Dundee Utd  but the ball bounced off the back stanchion  and he waved play on?

I'm sure that's when the SFA ruled that goalposts cant have stanchions and the adopted the Italian style nets we have to this day.

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

What it not David Syme at Firhill when Paddy Connolly scored in the top corner for Dundee Utd  but the ball bounced off the back stanchion  and he waved play on?

I'm sure that's when the SFA ruled that goalposts cant have stanchions and the adopted the Italian style nets we have to this day.

That was les Mottram 

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I've seen an image of that incident and it looked both on the line, and a handball. 

Can't find any footage or photos.

Not seen the highlights for donkey's years, but never thought at the time or after watching replays, that it was a penalty or even close to it. 

10 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Not seen the highlights for donkey's years, but never thought at the time or after watching replays, that it was a penalty or even close to it. 

Have memory of Sandison pointing to the mud stain on his chest where the ball hit him. 

18 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Screenshot_20210130_191235_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.fa6f83609080eac507bbce866e973fc3.jpg

Not conclusive but the way that the incident got explained to me before I thought it would be more conclusive that it wasn't a pen. 

Got to be reasonably happy looking at the league table, but it was another poor, disjointed performance from us today.

Our midfield isn't good enough to control games and Naismith always drops really deep to play a role he isn't particularly good at, leaving the front three isolated. I think he got into a decent attacking position once today, dallied around and fucked it. Like most, I'd be happy to see him benched for Walker from now on. Even if it doesn't solve the main problem, he at least carries a threat, and he produced a great bit of play for the goal today.

We also seem to give up clear cut chances almost every time the other team comes forward, and I think the lack of a commanding midfielder is probably as critical as the need for a new centre-half or two in resolving that. We don't need it to win this division, but that's hopefully something we'll be addressing by Monday with next season in mind.

Gutted about the Ginnelly news. Even though he barely played, he offered something different to what we have and made a tangible contribution in almost every appearance. I think we'll struggle to replace him with someone who's as effective when they're on the pitch. GMS hasn't looked nearly as effective so far, albeit it's very early days for him.

On a more positive note, we've tended to lose this season if we haven't win easily, so it's nice to see us grind out a win.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Screenshot_20210130_191235_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.fa6f83609080eac507bbce866e973fc3.jpg

Not conclusive but the way that the incident got explained to me before I thought it would be more conclusive that it wasn't a pen. 

I'm no sure  that's an image of the penalty incident - it was at the right side of the penalty area facing the touchline at the McLeod Street end.

Certainly from TV I remember it as a shocker.

Watched the Dunfermline highlights really think we should have taken something and lack lustre efforts on goal cost us. Murray got absolutely done for the goal but a great turn from the hearts player. Far too close marking, basic stuff.

A draw wouldn’t have been an injustice but then again the same could have been said for our meeting in November.