Morton vs Arbroath

We really need to start turning these “brave performances” into wins. 2 weeks on the spin we have come from behind to earn a point against in form sides. As always I’d like to see Bobby start on the wing and Donnelly as 1 of the front 2. Is the Cappielow surface still in a bad way? Looked very poor for the Dunfermline game on the telly. Hopefully doesn’t cut up tonight to much either. Finally what is the price for the PPV? And are the club using the awful pixelot system?

Pretty hard picking a team for this as EVERY player played well against the DEE'S last Friday including the subs but this is the team i would start with :-

GASTON

THOMSON  TOB  LITTLE  HAMILTON 

GOLD  McKENNA WILLIAMSON  CRAIGEN

RUTH  LINN  

Pretty harsh on Stewart and Hilson but i think this will be more of a battle on a quagmire of a pitch so need a stronger midfield with more height and total pace up front.

Horses for courses as they say and this still leaves a very strong bench to make changes if/when required.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

Pretty hard picking a team for this as EVERY player played well against the DEE'S last Friday including the subs but this is the team i would start with :-
                                  GASTON
                            RUTH  LINN  
Pretty harsh on Stewart and Hilson but i think this will be more of a battle on a quagmire of a pitch so need a stronger midfield with more height and total pace up front.
Horses for courses as they say and this still leaves a very strong bench to make changes if/when required.

I’d have Wighton in ahead of Ruth.

Every single game between the two teams has been tight and attritional (brutal) and I don't expect anything different on a heavy pitch. A home win would be huge as it would *realistically* push us clear of any danger of sliding all the way down to 10th: having 20 plus some dreg points to come would be difficult for every team below to overtake.

That's what we should be aiming for though because this Morton side are great in attitude but poor in fundamental quality. Arbroath will therefore have a pretty good chance of getting the win themselves regardless of the current league table, and looked decent enough against Dundee to do so.

I'd go for a 1-1 draw but hopefully our solid home form can push us to a win and one game closer to a proper Championship campaign next season. 

While we have a surprisingly decent gap to 9th for this point in the season, we're getting into must win territory as we're now five games without a win. Even with the cushion we've got over the bottom two we can't draw our way to survival and the wins need to come before this becomes a psychological problem.

With two home games coming up the win needs to happen to keep us out of trouble. If it comes on Saturday then we're giving Arbroath a huge points total to make up.

Our home form is generally good, we have only lost once in 13 months and that was to Hearts but at the same time, a lot of those have been draws. 1 loss in 7 suggests we are in decent form, but we are 5 without a win as Dunning said so crucial we pick up 3 points against the bottom side at home. I'm hoping Antons comments last night mean we see 1 or two new players in as we badly need some quality in final third.

Tight game but Morton to edge it 2-1.

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

How did the pitch hold up last night?

I thought it was ok first half but when the rain started to come down in the 2nd half it began cutting up a bit again. Forecast is for it to be dry from tomorrow night right through to kick off so that should definitely help.

GASTON
                            RUTH  LINN  

Jack Hamilton has signed on loan so sure to start. Dick will likely go for a win so service from Linn or Stewart may be preferred.
It’s still wet here in the West so the pitch will be heavy. Some direct balls to Hamilton may be our best bet as he gives us the physical presence in attack that’s been missing. It may not be the low scoring borefest we’ve been used to in this fixture.

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

Feeling good about this. 2-0 Arbroath.

Must  be looking to go on a goal scoring spree.

One win and 8 goals so far in the league this season.

Are you a undercover Morton PPV salesman? 

Get back in your box 2-0 the Ton.

Edited by Paisley Ton
A Gordon 4 me

12 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Are there any covers down? it's already pretty icy outside on the Costa del Argyll...

Absolutely!.....we've smothered Cappielow in smoked haddies.......and come 3'o'clock tomorrow there'll be another 11 on the park just to make sure.:ass