Dundee United vs St Mirren, 27th January

HT 0-3

Yeah that’s a fair reflection. We’ve been comfortably the better side and are rightly on easy street. United did have a chance at 0-0 off a second ball from a set piece which was well saved by Alnwick.
Then we get a chance off a second ball from a set piece and we score. Great cross by McGrath, fantastic first header by McCarthy and a tidy finish by captain Joe.
After that Connolly decided to randomly shoves someone over in the box, penalty. Thanks for that. Then Shankland (yes, he was playing) handles a shot and we get another and they’re easy meat for the Dundalk Destroyer.

Game over? Not just yet, but surely...

Night and day compared to Sunday. Right in their face and not giving them a second on the ball. Thankfully got rid of that long ball pish and actually passing to each other. Erahon back to his best and controlling the middle of the park.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Where is Shankland meant to put his arm? 

Clearly hes supposed to detatch it, leave it on the ground, block the ball then pick it up and re attach it.

Silly laddie. He had loads of time to do it aswell. 

Lucky he didn't get a red actually.

On 26/01/2021 at 11:42, Coventry Saint said:

Couldn't see a thread, apologies if there is one. 

Obviously we suffered a disappointing performance and result at the weekend (where the definition of 'weekend' is a period of time that stretches back over the past five games) so need to dust ourselves down, find a working formation, play people in their natural positions and try to take the game to United. 

Close results between us this season; the 2-1 at Tannadice was, as it turns out, at the height of our Covid affliction, with Zlamal in goal. From memory, I don't feel the game was that actually close and I was fairly impressed with United that day; obviously less impressed with Tait completely losing his head. I literally can't remember anything about the 0-0 at our place.

For absolutely inexplicable reasons, Bet365 currently have us as favourites for this, which is mental. Gamblers should be all over the home win at those prices.

image.thumb.png.edd7cd709093a59303334ede8bc6bf49.png

I am a gambling expert.

Harsh 2nd penalty considering Beaton was gesturing that Shankland's arm was raised up.

We've been 2nd best and deservedly behind. I am sick of death of Mellon consistently playing Shankland, Clark and McNulty at the same time without any likely supplier of chances for them.

Powers is a decent enough passer, but he's just too slow. Especially with Harkes parterning him in midfield. I honestly forgot he was playing tonight.

1 minute ago, ulysses said:

Couldn’t watch the game tonight, so naturally we’re 3-0 up at half time.

Keep it up, Saints!

How have Brophy and Obika looked together?

They've both linked up well enough and looked busy without actually troubling the opposition.

6 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

The dayglo fun. :lol:

A particularly heartfelt GIRFUY to Sarto Mutiny for trying to get wide after a smash and grab 1-1 draw last month. 1965572937_JackScoff.png.539eefd7c69c9dee11a91629c5b939a4.png

Seething about a post made a month ago, fuckin hell 😂