Dundee United vs St Mirren, 27th January

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I'd say the first penalty is maybe a soft one, the second is an absolute stick on going by the current rules. He could have jumped with his arms behind him, but he decided not to an that always ran the risk of falling foul to a handball.

First is soft but he gives ref a decision to be made by putting his hands on his back. Second I'm not even sure it hits his arm. 

Never mind, we'll take the luck having been denied a penalty on Sunday. 

4 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Remember Saints fans you get the same number of points as you would have for a flukey one nil win...

632E163C-506F-49EC-9A04-73B61C879226.gif

You are spot on correct my friend, however methinks it is more about team confidence and giving our supporters back something after Sunday, what you need to remember is .............similar to the the Scottish national team, St Mirren are equally good at dragging defeat from the jaws of victory..

Absolutely no surprise to hear Connolly was pish. He was awful against us in the play-off game a couple of years ago, to the extent I assumed he was mid 30s and at the end of his career, not late 20s!
Fantastic result for us tonight 🤩

Second penalty award is a stonewaller. Stupidity to attempt to black a shot like that. Don't really see enough angles on the first. 

ETA : St Mirren's fourth is really, really poor defensively from United. Smith isn't anywhere near good enough. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

I posted a couple of weeks or so ago that this season, St Mirren (so far!) cannot complain about refereeing decisions in general, going our way. I wonder how much of this is actually down to games being played in empty stadiums. At a home game against the Sevco AllStar Franchise Select, there was an incident where Ryan Kent went down at the corner of the box. Was it the game where the referee injured himself pre-match? I’m convinced, with the stand behind that goal screaming, the referee gives a penalty. Last night, when Tait made a sliding tackle, again, with 5,000 Arabs as one screaming ‘penalty’, does the referee give that as a penalty? 

23 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I posted a couple of weeks or so ago that this season, St Mirren (so far!) cannot complain about refereeing decisions in general, going our way. I wonder how much of this is actually down to games being played in empty stadiums. At a home game against the Sevco AllStar Franchise Select, there was an incident where Ryan Kent went down at the corner of the box. Was it the game where the referee injured himself pre-match? I’m convinced, with the stand behind that goal screaming, the referee gives a penalty. Last night, when Tait made a sliding tackle, again, with 5,000 Arabs as one screaming ‘penalty’, does the referee give that as a penalty? 

I think in general you've got a point, but I don't think even Dallas would have given Rangers a tackle for that tackle of Tait's.  

Well, maybe I've taken that a little too far, but it was a fabulous tackle where he only got the ball, and none of the man,

11 hours ago, flyingscot said:

The second penalty is harsh but we've had much worse not given this year. Swings and roundabouts. 

2nd one is a definite pen , Shankland being cute and jumping off the ground to try and block while feigning the "defensive" arm position. It's a great call from Beaton !

Yeah I think they’re both penalties. First one is completely bizarre stuff from Connolly, a needless two hand push on the back.
Second one he raises his hand infront of his chest and the ball hits his hand.

19 minutes ago, billyg said:

2nd one is a definite pen , Shankland being cute and jumping off the ground to try and block while feigning the "defensive" arm position. It's a great call from Beaton !

Fair enough, only watched it on grainy Alba footage and thought it might have actually hit his chest. Not complaining and daft jumping like that. 

Maybe he thought Beaton was going to try and win the game for United like the playoff final.