Dundee United vs St Mirren, 27th January

30 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

My point is more about how much Siegrist bails out your defence, I consider Deniz a decent keeper but not near Siegrist.

OK, in that case I do agree with you. It's absolutely fair to say that on the whole Siegrist has covered a lot of problems with our defence.

44 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A performance like that under any of our five past managers would have had folk calling for heads to roll.

Umm! not sure many on that list could even get you playing as well as that 

Dave Bowman

Mixu Paatelainen[f]

Gordon Young

Ray McKinnon  

Laurie Ellis

Csaba László   

Laurie Ellis   

Robbie Neilson[f]

Edited by Insaintee

1 hour ago, RossC93 said:

What a result, not a poor performance in a black and white shirt.

Can we play against Connolly every week?

Absolutely no surprise to hear Connolly was pish. He was awful against us in the play-off game a couple of years ago, to the extent I assumed he was mid 30s and at the end of his career, not late 20s!

Fantastic result for us tonight 🤩

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What about the guy with 5 cocks?

Reveal hidden contents

His condoms fit like a glove.

He married the woman with 3 c***s. She wasn't a virgin at the marriage though, as she'd been fucked right, left and centre.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Big win, for all sorts of reasons. There's a slightly bittersweet taste considering we surrendered quite meekly against Livi, but no point in crying over spilt milk. United looked decent in patches, it has to be said, but their finishing was mince other than the fluke cross come shot that Harkes knocked in. He should have been shut down mind. That said I think that goal actually helped us. Tightened up our defending, realising they were still in this game, while encouraged United to push forward and leave spaces at the back, and boy did they leave them.

Obvs, Flynn should get a standing ovation. As most have mentioned, to still be embarrassing United's defence late on in a game when he's hardly kicked a ball in what seems an eon is quite something. I can imagine he'll be struggling to walk tomorrow unless he's spent overnight in an ice bath. His revival, if it is one, will have certainly come at a good time, and perhaps seals Foley's fate. Let's hope he doesn't have any negative reaction to his shift.

Apparently Mickey Mellon is putting a brave face on, and to be honest anything will be an improvement on the one he usually wears.

Do you think that the pressure has  been been lifted slightly on Goodwin after that one result?

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Do you think that the pressure has  been been lifted slightly on Goodwin after that one result?

He wasn't under pressure. Between late October and late December we were unbeaten in 11, had reached 7th in the league and a cup semi.

Since then, yeah the form hasn't been as good but in the league we've won 2, lost 2 and 2 draws.

The semi loss was a massive disappointment especially after beating Aberdeen and Rangers but as the cliche goes, in a cup tie its 11v 11 and anything goes.

We're back up to 7th with 6 of our next 8 league games at home.

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Jinkies, who hurt you big man.... oh, wait it was me, wasn't it? I was the one who hurt you.. :D

To answer your comment, though, yes, yes it has lifted some of that pressure, however, it has to be said that it needed a response like we saw from a team that had really not been landing it's punches over the last month or so. It also took the reinstatement of a player most fans had been clamouring for and a change in tactics. I would wager those things came about because he was feeling the pressure.

6 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

The second penalty is harsh but we've had much worse not given this year. Swings and roundabouts. 

I'd say the first penalty is maybe a soft one, the second is an absolute stick on going by the current rules. He could have jumped with his arms behind him, but he decided not to an that always ran the risk of falling foul to a handball.

Edited by Ric