Dundee United vs St Mirren, 27th January

With the options available to him tonight I feel Sporle in for McNulty in a traditional 4-4-2 would have been a better option.

That aside, we looked toothless and disorganised. Β We seemed to be bereft of any sort of game plan whereas as St Mirren seemed to haveΒ a clear idea of what they wanted to do and how they were going to achieve it.

A performance like that under any of our five managers would have had folk calling for heads to roll.

Β 

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

That Connolly goal was everything he unfortunately didn't do in the same position on Sunday. Backed himself, backed his pace and nobody could get near him.

Yeah - I wondered if he’s better on that wing cutting inside

Thought both penalties were soft (the second beyond soft) but you can't argue with the result in the end. Fucking insipid shite from United and no great surprise. Mellon needs to screw the nut and sharpish or it could turn disastrous very quickly.

I expect we'll just go back to that horrible 541 formation now for every game and shitfest the rest of the season.

I fucking hate this planet just now.Β 

Thought both penalties were soft (the second beyond soft) but you can't argue with the result in the end. Fucking insipid shite from United and no great surprise. Mellon needs to screw the nut and sharpish or it could turn disastrous very quickly.
I expect we'll just go back to that horrible 541 formation now for every game and shitfest the rest of the season.
I fucking hate this planet just now.Β 
Did yous not take a doing off Killie and he went back into his shell a bit with his tactics?

Will probably happen again but you's should be safe.

He's done well considering he was left with a Championship squad (barring 3-4 players), majority on longish contracts. It's pretty eye bleeding stuff but its worked so far this season for United.

This is on Neilson and whoever approved his scatter gun signing strategy.

57 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

That fucking run from Ryan Flynn in the 80-something minute of his first full game in a a year. Ryan. Flynn. 😍

What do I know? Was just telling the wife he should take Flynn off cos he'll be knackered not playing for a year and he goes on that run and gifts Dennis his goal !!!!!

27 minutes ago, captainkev said:

In fairness, despite howΒ importantΒ Siegrist has been this season, no-one isΒ blaming Deniz for tonight.

The keeper was blameless for all 5 goals, the first was shite defending to allow us two free headers, he went the right way at the 2nd penalty but it was top corner and he tried to narrow the angle on the 4th and 5th goals.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

With the options available to him tonight I feel Sporle in for McNulty in a traditional 4-4-2 would have been a better option.

I would be happy even seeing Sporle as left wing-back if we are reverting to a back 5 again from here.Β 

Robson's form has been on the slide for a while now, plus I think it was suggested a few times last season that Sporle had played more often in that position rather than full back before he signed for us.

Edited by captainkev