Dundee United vs St Mirren, 27th January

FT 1-5

Easy as you like it. Wasn’t Goodwin playing the last time we won at Tannadice? Vankini and all that. That season was the last time we scored five in the top flight too, against County, and the last time we got to a semi. All kinds of streaks being broken by this team.
Anyway, that’s an absolutely massive three points. Looking at the table we are now six points ahead of 11th with four games in hand and a far superior goal difference. I’m not saying we are safe, but we’d need to Terry Butchers Hibs it to go down from here.
What we should be doing is looking upwards. One of us, United, Killie and maybe St Johnstone will be finishing in the top six. After tonights result I’d make us favourites for that last spot. We are now two points behind 6th place United with three games in hand and a we have a better goal difference than them too.
And as anyone who watched the game tonight will have seen, we’re much better than them.
Whole team was outstanding tonight. Ryan Flynn is a classy operator and he didn’t look like a player who’s hardly kicked a competitive ball for a year. Defence was solid as usual and only a worldie robbed them of another clean sheet. That’s two goal of the season contenders United have scored against us at tannadice this year. Thought Dennis was superb when he came on and delighted he got his goal. Would like to see him start ahead of Brophy in the next game.
A great night, I love this team, the best we’ve had in 30 years. Good to be a buddie.