P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

12 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

DieHardDoonhamer beats the_kid1433 by checkmate.

I did not deserve that at all, was well behind but sort of working my way back in to it, then a blunder allowed by a checkmate that I did not except to find available at all. 

Good game.

@Karpaty Lviv I'm unable to challenge you due to you not accepting outwith certain ratings. Can you send me the challenge?

Who is white? 

1 hour ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Who is white? 

It's the 'first' person in the fixture list; the same as the 'home' side if this was a football fixture.

So in this case:

On 13/09/2021 at 19:37, Frank Grimes said:

Division C

Round 7

DieHardDoonhamer v LvivKarpaty

You're black and DieHardDoonhamer is white.

Pleslie999 beats markf268 by checkmate. 

I was in all sorts of trouble after blundering a Bishop early on only way I was going to win was to go all out attack on the king. I was actually surprised when checkmate came, I didn't see it when I played the move 🙈. Good game.

Pleslie999 draws with arabjoe by agreement.

Not a lot in it whole game, traded some pieces and we were at a bit of an impasse. Couldn't really see how I was going to win but also how I was going to lose. Offered a draw and it was accepted! Cheers for the game.

Division A, Round 6

You know you're in the big leagues when the chess.com after-action report tells you you made 0 mistakes and 0 blunders, and the match report can't even see any really bad moves for you to correct, but you still got your arse thoroughly handed to you by the other fella. To make myself feel better, I'll pretend it was inexperience with the opening I was trying, but the truth is, I was just comprehensively outplayed from start to finish.

Dearyme beats AimHere by resignation

There wasn't actually all that much in the game @Aim Here. If b4 wasn't an option for me I expect it would have likely been drawn. I just had a little bit more control throughout by virtue of being a couple of moves ahead in development. Once the b file opened and I plonked my Rook on it my Queen was bursting through on the queenside. Bf5 is probably the only 'mistake' on your part. Although when I took on c5 a couple of moves earlier - I think you can play dxc5. It looks scary as I get a passed d pawn but it's not as easy to play as what transpired.

Looking forward to the return match. That's the best match I've played in a long while.

Division A, Round 6
You know you're in the big leagues when the chess.com after-action report tells you you made 0 mistakes and 0 blunders, and the match report can't even see any really bad moves for you to correct, but you still got your arse thoroughly handed to you by the other fella. To make myself feel better, I'll pretend it was inexperience with the opening I was trying, but the truth is, I was just comprehensively outplayed from start to finish.
Dearyme beats AimHere by resignation

Dearyme was the best player I faced last season.

I am absolutely seething with rage as I made a colossal error to go from a position of strength until needing to play superbly well to get a result. 

To play as well as I can I need to play with the board for at least an hour a day going through moves (probably more against the more experienced players).  I think I’m at the stage where I’m chessed out.  And then I can f**k it all by not paying attention 😂

4 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Division C round 7

Die hard Doonhaner beats LvivKarpaty by checkmate. 

Getting embarrassing now. Outclassed every single game.

Just treat this first season as gaining experience, there were a few of us in the first year that were all similarly terrible, but the standard has definitely improved month on month. Stick at it.

Good game. 

1 minute ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Die hard Doonhaner beats LvivKarpaty by checkmate. 

Getting embarrassing now. Outclassed every single game.

You'll be better for it.

I got absolutely horsed in the first 10 games of the season last season. If you want to get better, look back at the games to see where you're going wrong. I occasionally pester some Div A guys, knowing I'll get a battering but it's good games to look back at.