P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Gkneil beats pleslie999 by resignation

Got stumped by the opening, blundered a rook which I somehow missed I'd left hanging for 5 full moves! Thought I'd done well to recover and get back into it but every potential attack I started my opponent thwarted straight away. When I rushed a move thinking I had him I blundered my queen and it was all over! Well played. Look forward to the return.

18 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

DieHardDoonhamer defeats Paakman01 by resignation. A game I dominated, tbh, which was nice. I missed 2 checkmates (it was the same move available in consecutive turns), which is a bit frustrating, but it was still just a matter of time until I found it again.

Good game!

yeah, you were all over me and thoroughly deserved the win. Well played!

12 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

cols407 beats paakman01 by resignation.

Good game.

Pleased with that one. Took a while to break through, but once I did I thought I was pretty relentless.

I made a howler early on to lose my Queen and never allowed back into it!

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Gkneil beats pleslie999 by resignation

Got stumped by the opening, blundered a rook which I somehow missed I'd left hanging for 5 full moves! Thought I'd done well to recover and get back into it but every potential attack I started my opponent thwarted straight away. When I rushed a move thinking I had him I blundered my queen and it was all over! Well played. Look forward to the return.

Good game pal. I sat for a long time wondering when to capture the Rook you'd left hanging and I wasn't surprised at the end to find taking it when I eventually did was a blunder. It set your Queen up well to go for my King. To be honest I was confident I had enough options to keep myself safe and that you would either have to stop your attack or lose more material

GCarlos9 defeats EindhovenDee by resignation.  An absolute battle as always, where control was wrestled back and fore.   Good game.

I assume that this is the only fixture that has taken place in all three leagues?  

Division B Round 5, Arabjoe beats GordonS496. I think I was doing ok until I made a roaring arse of a pawn move, inviting your big piece into my inner sanctum. I played on just trying to engineer a mistake from you but that was never likely. GG. 

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Pbwatson tears apart mackieboz in the seaside. Very well played, you're under your level if that's how you play.

Cheers. I seem to recall two convincing defeats against you last season. I'm pleased that my pre-season strategy of being taken apart by higher ranked players in random tournaments seems to be paying off!

Division A

Round 3

beef2711 goes down two pawns but then sidesteps a big locked-up central pawn formation to crush me.

beef2711 wins by resignation, though it was more or less mate in the next move or two.

0 for 3 in the top flight, compared to 18/20 in the seaside leagues. I'm very much a flat-track bully!

23 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Division A Round 3 Result

Ziggy v Dearyme drawn by agreement.

This mirrored our game from last season to a point. This time round though Ziggy didn't overpress on the King side and in the end it was pretty nip tuck. Nothing in it in truth.

Well played mate. @Ziggy

I absolutely jumped at the draw because I (incorrectly) thought your position was miles better.

That’s 3 games against you now and I’ve barely worked up an attack.