P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

I make 31 points for me

My results were

PLeslie999 L

Dandies 1983 L

RBWatson W

Cols L

Dieharddonhamer L

Mackieboz W

GordonS L

Markf268 W

Aim here L

Johnnydun W

Dandies 1983 W

PLeslie999 W

Cols W

RBWatson L

Mackieboz D

Dieharddonhamer W

Markf268 W

GordonS L

Johnnydun W

Aimhere L 

5 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Almost certain some of these are wrong but hopefully those with things at stake can put me right :lol:

Division A
P
W
L
D
Pts
Elrohan
Dearyme
ChessBassGuitar
Ziggy
beef2711
GordonEF
Purplekangaroo89
AH13STU
Bri1962
gkneil
PnBMathematics

Mine is correct. Got my last game ongoing with DearyMe so he can't be at 20 yet.

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

do you have one more game to play? @keptie

If you win it you will avoid relegation play offs and @Leicesterlichtie will play in them 

@NotThePars think you’ve still got a few league games to play? It’s a tight battle for who gets relegated from Div B

And @true_rover currently occupies the promotion play off spot in Div C

All depends on what @invergowrie arab does in his last game, which I presume is still to be reported 

Sorry mate I've let the league slip away a bit with work. I can try and have a look Sunday for who I've still to play and get the games on the go

On 09/07/2021 at 16:50, Gordon EF said:

Mine is correct. Got my last game ongoing with DearyMe so he can't be at 20 yet.

Shhhh... I'm trying to sneak in an extra win and pip Dee to the title and hope no-one notices.

On 09/07/2021 at 11:37, Frank Grimes said:

Almost certain some of these are wrong but hopefully those with things at stake can put me right :lol:

Division A
P
W
L
D
Pts
Elrohan
Dearyme
ChessBassGuitar
Ziggy
beef2711
GordonEF
Purplekangaroo89
AH13STU
Bri1962
gkneil
PnBMathematics

I think mine might be wrong, as I've just finished my last game with purple kangaroo (draw).

22 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Looking at those 8 (eight) draws this season.

My hardest opponents were yourself and Dee. No doubt.

Closely followed by Ziggy (not much in our games - I think you've just hit a bad run of form this season) and ChessBassGuitar.

Honourable mention to Gordon_EF who always plays some interesting stuff and is generally a pain (I mean that in a good way!)

Just finished what I think is my last Div A league match... 

ChessBassGuitar beats AH13STU

I do a *lot* of puzzles. So when we got to this position I spotted the next move instantly. Lovely end to the season. Thanks very much for the game AH13 :)

e4l2nYD.png

Not sure I'll have the time to play "next season" but I'd like to say thanks very much to all my opponents over the last few months, really enjoyed playing some slower time controls. 

12 hours ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Just finished what I think is my last Div A league match... 

ChessBassGuitar beats AH13STU

I do a *lot* of puzzles. So when we got to this position I spotted the next move instantly. Lovely end to the season. Thanks very much for the game AH13 :)

e4l2nYD.png

Not sure I'll have the time to play "next season" but I'd like to say thanks very much to all my opponents over the last few months, really enjoyed playing some slower time controls. 

I would like to claim an assist for your creative masterpiece victory. 😆

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Is anyone a member of the Team Scotland club on chess.com

As far as I know beef and myself play in the Team Scotland matches.

17 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I think Frank has given you the win against GordonEF already.

Like I did.

emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Well he might as well have😂

Think I was a little bit too bold, got my Queen in trouble and lost a Rook to a pretty nasty fork.

16 hours ago, Trogdor said:

My hardest opponents were yourself and Dee. No doubt.

Closely followed by Ziggy (not much in our games - I think you've just hit a bad run of form this season) and ChessBassGuitar.

Honourable mention to Gordon_EF who always plays some interesting stuff and is generally a pain (I mean that in a good way!)

For me there was a pretty clear top 5. Beef obviously hit a late season dip in form and I managed to get a win against him but I think I probably still had to play my best chess of the season in that one to get it.

I think all I've got to show for my games against Dee, yourself, ChessBassGuitar and Ziggy are two draws. I hung in there in a few of the games but even when I managed to do that, you guys' endgames tended to be pretty brutal (i think that's one of the big differences between top of the table and mid table in Division A). Also took a couple of stompings.

For me there was a pretty clear top 5. Beef obviously hit a late season dip in form and I managed to get a win against him but I think I probably still had to play my best chess of the season in that one to get it.
I think all I've got to show for my games against Dee, yourself, ChessBassGuitar and Ziggy are two draws. I hung in there in a few of the games but even when I managed to do that, you guys' endgames tended to be pretty brutal (i think that's one of the big differences between top of the table and mid table in Division A). Also took a couple of stompings.
I would say it was a top 6 - you've managed 2 draws in 4 games over the 2 seasons and are better than those in the other half of the league.

Both my matches against Beef ended in draws - the others I had were against you, DearyMe and ChessBassGuitar. Although I best Ziggy twice both games were very close.

Record against the other 5 in the top 6 is:

P10 W5 L0 D5 15pts

Against the bottom 5 it is:

P10 W10 L0 D0 30pts

A definite gap in the league.

I haven't looked at the others in the top 6 but would suspect it's a similar story.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Well he might as well have😂

Think I was a little bit too bold, got my Queen in trouble and lost a Rook to a pretty nasty fork.

You managed to leave me with an isolated e pawn early doors. Much to my frustration.

Your bishop pair is still a pain in the arse though. I actually think up to winning the exchange I was losing. Will be interested to see what the silicone monster thinks.

Still many moves to go in this one.

@Frankie S as far as I know mate it's only Strachanovski and Cardinal Richie I need to play again. I'm certain I've played everyone else twice and should have 4 wins. One against the Cardinal, two against Richey Edwards and one against hammysgp. There might be another loss I haven't recorded unless I only played Arabjoe the one time. I don't think I did though.