Jump to content
Frank Grimes

P&B Chess League - Week 5 fixtures p126

Recommended Posts

I am happy enough the way it is.  The only issue in our league was GParsfan was away with work and that lead to him being unable to play more than a move a day.  However with the current format it kept him in the league and was able to catch up, I’d much rather that than people losing matches due to time out because of other responsibilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Right, new rule.

If you take any of my pieces you get yer c**t kicked in.

Looking forward to seeing someone methodically & mercilessly picking off every one of your pawns and not touching a single piece on the way to victory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You and who's army? ya spangle

I'll set both my knights on you while brandishing my bishop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'll set both my knights on you while brandishing my bishop. 
I'm surprised you have a bishop left after the gelding I gave you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I'd keep the current format, works fine for me and find myself playing a few other games through the week once they're done.

Also, if anyone wants a friendly, hit me up. DieHardDoonhamer

I'll take a friendly mate. Missing my fix 💉 😦 

Edit: maybe not 😔 

 

Screenshot_20210408-085302_Chrome.jpg

Edited by madwullie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the chess league starting up again?

cols407 on chess.com if anyone wants a friendly. I normally play 30 min rapid so the daily play will be a new thing to try.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 leagues of 11 so far for next season 

Will figure out the leagues get us up and running next week hopefully 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not used to this Daily rate (I usually play 10 min games) but playing madwullie just now and it's faster than I thought it'd be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Division A play off - el_scorgio beats Strachanovski by checkmate.

Game turned on move 7 - black left a gap in behind the f5 pawn which both knights and the queen fired through. Captured both bishops and queen fairly quickly - with the rooks stuck in the corner it was over quite quickly after. GG.

Up we go

bb.thumb.JPG.58dbafca6b0fab72220aa1a8f63e7a27.JPG

Edited by Scorge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

3 leagues of 11 so far for next season 

Will figure out the leagues get us up and running next week hopefully 

What do you need from me to get involved? Chess.com username: cols407 and never played daily so unrated for daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

What do you need from me to get involved? Chess.com username: cols407 and never played daily so unrated for daily.

That’s it, you’re in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

@keptie @arab_joe

What Division do you guys want to play in next season?

Couple of spaces in Division A due to a couple of liquidations...

I'm happy staying in Division B - don't want to get promoted by default (or mauled each week next season...). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scorge said:

Division A play off - el_scorgio beats Strachanovski by checkmate.

Game turned on move 7 - black left a gap in behind the f5 pawn which both knights and the queen fired through. Captured both bishops and queen fairly quickly - with the rooks stuck in the corner it was over quite quickly after. GG.

Up we go

bb.thumb.JPG.58dbafca6b0fab72220aa1a8f63e7a27.JPG

Well done Scorge, I played a load of shite in that game. Good luck in the top flight, kind of glad to be gone, as out of my depth in a lot of games.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

@keptie @arab_joe

What Division do you guys want to play in next season?

Couple of spaces in Division A due to a couple of liquidations...

Someone can have my space in Division A, I don't want it anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

What do you need from me to get involved? Chess.com username: cols407 and never played daily so unrated for daily.

you'd have to really hate the Romans.

I do!

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

That’s it, you’re in 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...