P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

31 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

My style is very conservative and patient - that probably works well with lower ranked players who can be a bit gung-ho - as I've met better players this season it's got a lot tougher because my conservative play is more likely to end in the draw than all-out win or defeat.

Yeah. Not that I'm necessarily experienced enough to tell whether someone's cheating with a high accuracy but for me, across all our games, you've had a very consistent style which suggests you're not. It seems to me like you generally keep things very tight and wait for your opponent to make a mistake and then pounce on it. You've been very consistent like that and I've tried to adapt my game against you in the most recent games to deal better with that.

Can you not just say that you never got the email due to your spam filter?

But regardless sponsor cash resting in accounts and now at the blag in chess, some boys the Dundee lads are eh.

Spoiler

I jest of course and hope you stuff the Rovers

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Losing heavily is bad enough but being moved from EH3 to EH7 just adds insult to injury

Thought I’d get a sly wee dig in 😂

Two wins this week against DieHardDoonhamer and Cols407

Was getting beat comfortably in the latter game but one slip up allowed me to promote a pawn and pick up a Bishop and a Rook into the bargain which completely flipped the game on its head 

Division C, Round 8

AimHere beats mackieboz through resignation after a couple of careless one-move blunders. Division C players really should check that they're not about to accidentally throw pieces/the game away before committing to a move! They have plenty of time.

The same presumably holds for Division A and B but I've no experience of playing those guys yet.

Division C, Round 8
AimHere beats mackieboz through resignation after a couple of careless one-move blunders. Division C players really should check that they're not about to accidentally throw pieces/the game away before committing to a move! They have plenty of time.
The same presumably holds for Division A and B but I've no experience of playing those guys yet.

Division B was the same last year - Division A this year (bar one misplaced player) isn't.

I was wondering why I had been emailed saying that I was being credited additional points. Second time it's happened in a month but given the other time it was in blitz I wasn't in any doubt that it was due to cheating. 

Ah well.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

GCarlos9 beats RicheyEdwards by resignation. 

Good game. I was punished for some careless moves and there was no way I was going to win that.

You made a mistake moving the knight away so I could fork your Queen.  A difficult game to start with.  I was confused with your opening.

Division C's top of the table clash in round 7 had GordonS496 and AimHere drawing even. An Albin countergambit and an ill-advised rook-for-knight swap left me slightly down materialwise and I didn't have quite enough oomph in attack to actually win the game, even with a well-passed pawn, so I had to resort to forcing a draw by repetition, rather than leaving GordonS with enough time to put his rooks and queen into action.

GordonS ½ - ½ AimHere

Edited by Aim Here

13 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Two wins this week against DieHardDoonhamer and Cols407

Was getting beat comfortably in the latter game but one slip up allowed me to promote a pawn and pick up a Bishop and a Rook into the bargain which completely flipped the game on its head 

Just gone through the analysis of our game and spotted a really obvious error I made that would have given me a bit of control, rather than focussing on the clusterfuck in front of my queen. 

Someone put in here a couple of weeks back that so many of us are uncomfortable with tension on the board and always seek to resolve it, often at the expense of the wider game. This was absolutely a case of that.

Ah well, it's a good learning.