P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Invergowrie beats @die hard doonhamer by resignation 

Maybe a bit premature on the resignation. Very hard for you to win but I still had a lot to do and every chance of me making an error

That said that's probably my most solid game yet. No errors and no mistakes. The only real difference was that unforced knight you gave me and when I was able to pressure two of your bishops and get one early in the game 

I could probably have dragged it out longer, but it had got to a point where it was needing flawless play from me and multiple mistakes from you for me to get back in to it, and there were no signs of either of those things happening.

You played a solid game and deserved the win. Well played.

16 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Pleslie999 beats DieHardDoonhamer by resignation. 

Was quite a cagey game and not much in it until I forked your King and rook when I think u wanted me to trade Queens, enjoyable game and 2nd win out of 2 this week! 

Well played. Again I feel like I put myself in bad positions, but I think that just made your win easier, rather than it actually changing the outcome. Good game.

12 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Does anyone know if GParsFan is still playing? Don't even know his P+B username to tag him. 

He’s retired due to work commitments.  He’s Grant228

24 minutes ago, Loki said:

He’s retired due to work commitments.  He’s Grant228

Ah cheers. Not sure how Frank is dealing with the people who have to resign, but if it means awarding me a victory, it'll mean I've managed to beat one Dunfermline team (my match against NotthePars isn't going well!)

Division C, round 5: RBWatson beats Cols407 by resignation.

I felt like I was in a slightly better position, but wasn't really doing anything with it aside from making your king dance around a bit. The Qe2 move had me worried (the queen and rook on the e file was ominous) until I realised you'd moved your queen into my bishop's sights.

GG.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Ah cheers. Not sure how Frank is dealing with the people who have to resign, but if it means awarding me a victory, it'll mean I've managed to beat one Dunfermline team (my match against NotthePars isn't going well!)

As predicted, @NotThePars hoovered up my queen and rook and it was all over as a contest. 

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

As predicted, @NotThePars hoovered up my queen and rook and it was all over as a contest. 

That's maybe the best game of chess I've played at this point. Think move 11 was the game changer when you moved your bishop and allowed my queen to get stuck in amongst it and open up my rook to make a play. 

My biggest worry later on was you would risk one of your rooks to take my queen out the game but I think you were maybe more understandably concerned with keeping the two of yours on the board which was where you had an advantage.

Good game though! Need to convert this into some momentum and hopefully it doesn't derail your promotion push haha.

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Invergowrie and Mackieboz agree to a draw in division C. GG, that's pretty fair. 

I'm so out of my groove right now, working a lot so need to find more time to play some games.

I had a bit of position advantage for a bit but you responded well to all my attacks. I don't think anyone was going anywhere from where we ended up 

I had a bit of position advantage for a bit but you responded well to all my attacks. I don't think anyone was going anywhere from where we ended up 
I was desperate to get my queen up for a cheeky checkmate but couldn't find a sneaky enough way to get there before your troops descended on my king[emoji28]

beef2711 defeats Bri962 by resignation Division A round 6. After gifting beef my knight i was pissing against the wind especially where it happened, it was just a total rear guard action that was only going one way. Glad it's over tbh but well played beef you got your chance then throttled me.

Edited by keptie

Div 1, wk 6.

Ziggy beats PurpleKangaroo.

Similar opening to the corresponding fixture from last season.  I managed to trap Black’s King in the centre.

On 03/05/2021 at 08:46, mathematics said:

Happy to play.

Sorry for the delay in sorting this, my works laptop has fucking completely packed in this week and I’m waiting on my IT dept to fix it 

Fixtures may be late this week lads, turns out running a chess league in the post lockdown world is tricky :lol:

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Sorry for the delay in sorting this, my works laptop has fucking completely packed in this week and I’m waiting on my IT dept to fix it 

Fixtures may be late this week lads, turns out running a chess league in the post lockdown world is tricky :lol:

You've done a great job. IMO.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Is there anything I/we can do to take some of the load? For example, I could trawl the thread for results and send them to you if that saves you some time. How are you keeping track of results just now, is it a spreadsheet or a website?

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Is there anything I/we can do to take some of the load? For example, I could trawl the thread for results and send them to you if that saves you some time. How are you keeping track of results just now, is it a spreadsheet or a website?

Any help would be appreciated 

The league tables are on a spreadsheet but I use a website to generate the fixtures and they’re saved there 

I’m just busy as hell this week, the fixtures can be out by tonight in theory, it’s just that the league tables are currently on a desktop on a broken laptop