P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

4 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:
Division C
P
W
L
D
Pts
GordonS496
markf268
mackieboz
AimHere
Johnnydun418
invergowrie
cols407
DieHardDoonhamer
RBWatson
pleslie999
Dandies1983

Round 3

DieHardDoonhamer v cols407

AimHere v Dandies1983

mackieboz v RBWatson

markf268 v invergowrie 

GordonS496 v pleslie999

Round 4

Johnnydun418 v AimHere

RBWatson v DieHardDoonhamer 

Dandies1983 v markf268 

pleslie999 v mackieboz

invergowrie v GordonS496 

I'll try put up more of a fight against @GordonS than I did in our recent friendlies 🙈

47 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

From week 1it is showing me as a winner against Gparsfan as he timed out.

Am happy to restart from where the game ended, if that is OK?

It's the same situation for me, it timed out after 3 moves. I think he sometimes has work commitments that make playing difficult.

Would also be happy to reset to the last position rather than win by default.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

I've just had the chat function muted for 24 hours for being offensive?! I've not even fucking spoke to anyone today except to say good game. Fucking wanks.

I've had the same. Don't know what it was that triggered it, and since I don't aim abuse at opponents (only myself when I blunder), I was super-surprised. Thing is, since there's no notification of what you said that caused the issue, you don't know what behaviour of yours you're supposed to modify.

Still, it's just a day of not saying 'gg' to random internet strangers. You'll survive!

League A round 1

GordonEF draws with Elrohana

Tight game most of the way through. Barely anything in it for the first 20 moves. @DeeTillEhDeh carved out a bit of a lead before making an uncharacteristic blunder, giving up a knight that put me in a fair lead according to the analysis. A few inaccuracies on my part got us back to parity and we ended up drawing due to repetition.

GordonEF vs Elrohana - draw by repetition.

I had a major brainfart blunder when ahead by 1 pt - gave away my knight for a pawn by moving way too quickly - I had looked ahead and played it the move too early - meant to move my rook first but forgot!! The lesson - never play when you are tired!

Had a real battle to get back but eventually my 3 pawns vs his extra piece was about balanced once I manoeuvred my pieces to protect the pawn chains. I had considered resigning when I ballsed up but stuck it out - glad I did.

The draw by repetition was almost inevitable - I would have been close to offering the draw even if he had not done the 3rd knight move.

A real good game.Screenshot_20210423-221134_Chess.thumb.jpg.ee18331c9b70c69cf051ee6db092d254.jpgScreenshot_20210423-221014_Chess.thumb.jpg.68a3bd0fa8c2de948c3e26f4a5e70ab5.jpg

Screenshot_20210423-222406_Chess.thumb.jpg.f8de9ba6bdabb616c5995f0049e69d9f.jpg

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I had considered resigning when I ballsed up but stuck it out - glad I did.

Thought I had a real chance after that one and I'm a bit annoyed that I let it slip, especially after looking back through the analysis but you made it damn tough to hang onto that lead.

Thought I had a real chance after that one and I'm a bit annoyed that I let it slip, especially after looking back through the analysis but you made it damn tough to hang onto that lead.
Getting you down to one bishop was key - once I did that it was a lot easier for me.

I was annoyed at myself when I made the blunder - that's twice now I've drawn against you because of a complete f**k-up on my part. That being said, I was a lot happier tonight as I dragged my way back into the game.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Getting you down to one bishop was key - once I did that it was a lot easier for me.

I agonised over move 30, whether to give up my light or dark squared bishop. I thought keeping my light-squared one pointing down the long diagonal at the King was best so I moved the rook to let you take the dark-squared one for your knight, rather than taking the knight with the light-squared and letting you re-take. Turns out that was the mistake that got us back level in the analysis. I'll have to have a look at that other road.