P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Division B

Round 7

GCarlos9 v RicheyEdwards 

Strachanovski v Board_Stupid

topcateh3 v GParsfan

Cardinalrichie v eindhovendee 

Round 8

Arabjoe v Strachanovski

GParsfan v GCarlos9

Board_Stupid v CardinalRichie 

NotThePars v topcateh3

eindhovendee v hammysgetinpumped 

Do I only have one game?

League A Round 4

GordonEF draws with Bri1962

Good open game this one. Looking back at the analysis, it all rested on two consecutive blunders. I'd got in a good position but got a bit too carried away sending my rook and queen up the far end to attack, letting @keptie catch me in a fairly nasty position with his queen and knight. He made a fairly innocuous looking move that the computer says was a fairly big blunder and then I immediately blundered us right back to parity by being overly defensive instead of pressing the attack. Pretty even at that point and we'd passed the two week point so draw.

Edited by Gordon EF

9 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

League A Round 4

GordonEF draws with Bri1962

Good open game this one. Looking back at the analysis, it all rested on two consecutive blunders. I'd got in a good position but got a bit too carried away sending my rook and queen up the far end to attack, letting @keptie catch me in a fairly nasty position with his queen and knight. He made a fairly innocuous looking move that the computer says was a fairly big blunder and then I immediately blundered us right back to parity by being overly defensive instead of pressing the attack. Pretty even at that point and we'd passed the two week point so draw.

Just had a look back at the analysis and a few blunders in there so i was happy with a draw, was gonna force the draw by getting you in perpetual check i think anyway if we had played on. Half a point more than i managed with you last season😀

RBwatson draws with pleslie999 

I dodged a bullet big time. Too many mistakes in the opening left me in all sorts of trouble. Pounced on the 1 mistake my opponent made to force a draw by being able to repeatedly check his King . eventually it would've been draw by repetition if we hadn't agreed. tbf a draw was the best I could've got so feel pretty bad after my horrific opening. Unbeaten in 3 now, things are looking a lot more rosy now. GG

17 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Elrohana (black) beats PnBMathematics - checkmate.

This was one-way traffic from the off - I genuinely felt sorry for my opponent.

All I will say is - it's a daily game, not blitz - you need to take more time.

I take it Mathematics has subbed for Madwullie in Division 1? 

8 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

RBwatson draws with pleslie999 

I dodged a bullet big time. Too many mistakes in the opening left me in all sorts of trouble. Pounced on the 1 mistake my opponent made to force a draw by being able to repeatedly check his King . eventually it would've been draw by repetition if we hadn't agreed. tbf a draw was the best I could've got so feel pretty bad after my horrific opening. Unbeaten in 3 now, things are looking a lot more rosy now. GG

I thought I had you a couple of times, but you defended well. Also now unbeaten in 3, the lads are raring to go again (apart from my f pawn, who has been taken round the back and shot).

53 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

I thought I had you a couple of times, but you defended well. Also now unbeaten in 3, the lads are raring to go again (apart from my f pawn, who has been taken round the back and shot).

I thought u had me too, I always seemed 1 move away from being mated. Then when you moved your f pawn to expose your king my eyes lit up and knew I could force a draw seeing as all our other pieces were defending each other. I'll try not make so many blunders in the next game 🙈

So I got my first win in 5 matches after 4 draws in a row.

Spots a PM last night from GordonEF - he said if I had not been on chess.com that night that that he had noticed my chess.com account had been closed down.

Checked my email to find the standard account disabled email.

I just find it bizarre that, after what is probably my poorest run of form, this has happened.

The game I played last night finished at 22:48 - I got the account disabled email at 22;55.

The only unusual thing about that game was the opponent, by his own admission, was a novice - lots of errors which meant my game was quicker than usual and I romped on to beat him.

GordonEF reviewed the game and agreed with me regards the opponent. As he said: "God knows how they decide these things".

The email did have the option of opening a new account - there was no appeal link - I'm now locked out of the app so don't quite know how to do that - anyone know?

I should not be in with the big boys. As a first timer, I’d be best in the lower division. Thanks too [mention=22650]DeeTillEhDeh[/mention] for the game.
It may be my last if they don't reinstall my account - they can do one if they think I am getting a second account.

17 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It may be my last if they don't reinstall my account - they can do one if they think I am getting a second account.

Why have they uninstalled it? Is it our game that I got a message about potential cheating?