P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Pleslie999 beats cols407 by resignation.

Good game and pretty close. I was up against it when I blundered my Queen fairly early and was close to being mated at one point. Delighted to get my 1st win under my belt. Look forward to the return match.

3 hours ago, madwullie said:

Lads I'm so sorry. Some irl stuff has come up which means I'm not going to have the time to fulfill my matches. I don't know whether you just want to scratch me from games from now and award my previous opponents this season wins or whatever. But I'm going to have to withdraw now. Sorry @Frank Grimes and thanks everyone for the matches 🙏 🤝 

Hope things sort themselves out, pal. Thanks for the games. We'll be around for games in the future if you get chance to come back to the board.

On 23/04/2021 at 12:38, Frank Grimes said:

Round 3

Arabjoe v GParsfan

GParsfan has timed out after 16 moves - I'm happy to replay at a later date (or to play a 3 minute game or something).  Just whatever suits.

On 29/04/2021 at 02:34, NotThePars said:

Arabjoe defeats NotThePars

Very enjoyable (and long - don't think I've ever had a 66 move game before) game that could have gone either way until the very end - and I had to work hard to avoid giving you a stalemate when your King was almost trapped in the corner...

Round 5 and 6 matches ongoing...

35 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

GParsfan has timed out after 16 moves - I'm happy to replay at a later date (or to play a 3 minute game or something).  Just whatever suits.

Very enjoyable (and long - don't think I've ever had a 66 move game before) game that could have gone either way until the very end - and I had to work hard to avoid giving you a stalemate when your King was almost trapped in the corner...

Round 5 and 6 matches ongoing...

Gparsfan has resigned from the league either due to work commitments or liquidation after losing a big tax case against HMRC, I forget which.

According to the rules all his games will be void, but as it's relatively early in the season a more elegant solution might be to substitute @mathematics in to take his place if he'd be up for it. I'm quite sure that the fixtures could be caught up fairly quickly.

One for @Frank Grimes to adjudicate on?

Just now, Frank Grimes said:

All the best @madwullie

I finally get a win on the board in season 2 defeating mackieboz

GG! Yep, you started well and I couldn't get into the middle at all it felt. As soon as I made a totem-poll of pawns I knew it was a losing fight! 😁

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Gparsfan has resigned from the league either due to work commitments or liquidation after losing a big tax case against HMRC, I forget which.

According to the rules all his games will be void, but as it's relatively early in the season a more elegant solution might be to substitute @mathematics in to take his place if he'd be up for it. I'm quite sure that the fixtures could be caught up fairly quickly.

One for @Frank Grimes to adjudicate on?

Happy to play.

Pleslie999 beats DieHardDoonhamer by resignation. 

Was quite a cagey game and not much in it until I forked your King and rook when I think u wanted me to trade Queens, enjoyable game and 2nd win out of 2 this week! 

8 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

GG! Yep, you started well and I couldn't get into the middle at all it felt. As soon as I made a totem-poll of pawns I knew it was a losing fight! 😁

Had a look at that game, mental stuff. I thought you'd gone God-mode with your four wins in a row and hoped this was a clever trick, but it wasn't to be.

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Had a look at that game, mental stuff. I thought you'd gone God-mode with your four wins in a row and hoped this was a clever trick, but it wasn't to be.

I was ready to whip out more of the France 98 team memes and declare myself a GM. 

Invergowrie beats @die hard doonhamer by resignation 

Maybe a bit premature on the resignation. Very hard for you to win but I still had a lot to do and every chance of me making an error

That said that's probably my most solid game yet. No errors and no mistakes. The only real difference was that unforced knight you gave me and when I was able to pressure two of your bishops and get one early in the game 

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

@101 which game do you want to be our league game? You've seen me three different challenges.

Woops! One of them is a speed challenge so discard that and not fussed about which you choose

On 30/04/2021 at 15:24, Frank Grimes said:

Round 5

Arabjoe v eindhovendee 

Round 6

Board_Stupid v Arabjoe

13 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

eindhovendee beats @arab_joe by checkmate.

GG

Round 5 - einhovendee beats arabjoe by checkmate.  Suicidal move after about 6 moves boxed in my King and Queen and defeat was inevitable - playing 3 games at the same time just too much for my concentration...   

Round 6 - board_stupid beats arabjoe by checkmate.  Down by a couple of points for the first 40 moves or so, I completely chucked it when I got infront.  Should never have swapped Queens.  Was then methodically put to the sword and probably should have resigned well before the checkmate came! 

Another relegation battle on my hands, I fear...

7 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Round 5 - einhovendee beats arabjoe by checkmate.  Suicidal move after about 6 moves boxed in my King and Queen and defeat was inevitable - playing 3 games at the same time just too much for my concentration...   

Round 6 - board_stupid beats arabjoe by checkmate.  Down by a couple of points for the first 40 moves or so, I completely chucked it when I got infront.  Should never have swapped Queens.  Was then methodically put to the sword and probably should have resigned well before the checkmate came! 

Another relegation battle on my hands, I fear...

It was like a Rocky film in chess form. There were quite a few momentum swings and then at the end seeing who was going to be able to get to their feet before the referee counts to 10. I was lucky that one pawn managed to come through the carnage.