P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

5 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Division C

Round 2

invergowrie's full back rook pairing can't keep up with the silky footwork of the knights playing on AimHere's wings and so it's an away win.

invergowrie 0 - 1 AimHere

A pumping. Stupid bishop move and not paying attention when you castled.

Well played 

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Also Col I sent the game request from the app but I'm not sure we're the correct color. If it's wrong, apologies.

My app (android) seems to randomise the colour when I do a game request. Yet on the pc you can specify the colour. That seems like quite a deficiency to me,  unless I am doing it wrong.

My girlfriend's just started watching The Queen's Gambit so I was showing her the two games I've got going and explaining the moves to her as she stood there completely uninterested and I just noticed a mistake already. Urgh.

In the much anticipated Battle of the Kids' Cartoon Characters, the evil Cardinal Richelieu scored a home win against the wily Top Cat (the most tip top). @topcat(The most tip top) <--- I'm assuming this one and not this one --> @topcat(The most tip top)01

Dearyme lost to Beef2711 by resignation.

Pretty tough game there - thought I was okay (if a little cramped - black square Bishop was stuck behind my pawn chain).  However, got killed by a thousand tactics in the end.

Division C Round 1, GordonS496 beats cols407.

A tough, close match with only one move really making the difference. Also featuring a scary king v pawn chase after a trade of queens. I think I got lucky getting you early.

ETA - engine says I made a blunder in a move that I really think played a big part in me winning the game. I can't work out why it thinks its suggestion would be better, which is probably why I'm in Division C...

Edited by GordonS

In the chess world to which we all aspire, the Candidates Tournament resumes tomorrow having been halted half way through due to covid back in March 2020. The winner will face Magnus Carlsen for the right to be called world champion. MVL and Nepomniachtchi are one point ahead of a field including world number two Fabiano Caruana.

Also starting this month is the next round of the Champions Chess Tour which has been a huge success so far. The lineup for this one is a bit unusual due to the scheduling conflict and the nine wildcards include fifteen-year-old Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa who won the qualifying tournament.

29 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Dearyme lost to Beef2711 by resignation.

Pretty tough game there - thought I was okay (if a little cramped - black square Bishop was stuck behind my pawn chain).  However, got killed by a thousand tactics in the end.

Really good game with very little in it until the end. Looking at the analysis, once you took the pawn and I moved my rook to the back rank it went from +0.98 to +11.7.

The black squared bishop is really strong in Kings Indian games and White really needs to trade it off early or keep the board as closed as possible to negate it.

The drama ongoing in the Chess world is a sight to be hold.

Hikaru Nakamura, Ben Finegold, the Botez sisters and Chessbrahs all involved.

It culminated in a video being leaked of Hikaru Nakamura getting choked out in one of the worst fights I've ever watched.

Good times.

37 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Really good game with very little in it until the end. Looking at the analysis, once you took the pawn and I moved my rook to the back rank it went from +0.98 to +11.7.

The black squared bishop is really strong in Kings Indian games and White really needs to trade it off early or keep the board as closed as possible to negate it.

Yeah, I dont normally play the KID. I'm experimenting a little.

I didn't have to take that pawn back immediately either. 🙈

I had been planning to burst through on the King side but your two knights did a good job of stopping me. I totally missed the Rook sac on e5. That was a lovely move, a fitting way to win the game.

Edited by Trogdor