P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

7 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

@keptie @arab_joe

What Division do you guys want to play in next season?

Couple of spaces in Division A due to a couple of liquidations...

Yeah ok i'll go for it and move up a league, might kick a few Premiership asses on my way back down 😀

14 minutes ago, keptie said:

Yeah ok i'll go for it and move up a league, might kick a few Premiership asses on my way back down 😀

Good man. Your a part timer ready to mix it with the big boys....just like our club.

Tbf, you certainly didn't make it easy when we had that friendly a while back. You'll hold your own.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Anyone fancy a game? I'm open to whatever format you want. 

RicheyEdwards

Sent an invite.

If anyone wants a daily game or 10 min game send me an invite - Dearyme on chess.com.

Edited by Trogdor

22 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Sent an invite.

If anyone wants a daily game or 10 min game send me an invite - Dearyme on chess.com.

Warning ⚠ 

Dearyme ( @Trogdor) sits there goading you with his 400 rating while sucking your brain out through your nostrils with a straw and laughs at your feeble dying blubbering noises. 

Good game mate. Extremely tough. Basically sat in fear shit everytime I had to make a move knowing the slightest mistake would end me. 

🤝

Edited by madwullie

16 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Good game mate. Extremely tough. Basically sat in fear shit everytime I had to make a move knowing the slightest mistake would end me. 

🤝

Haha... well played. 

Me...

Steve Martin Idk GIF

You...

you shall not pass the lord of the rings GIF

The end...

steve mcgarrett i guess we can call that a draw GIF by CBS

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You only improve by playing people who are better than you

Which in my case will be most people

It's not really true. Firstly, playing people much better than you isn't that good a plan, because you have no opportunity to learn what works and what doesn't. If you only play against Magnus Carlsen, you're never going to learn which of your tactics and strategies are better than the others, because ALL of them will get hilariously ragdolled at the first hint of an inaccuracy.

And for a similar reason, playing people who are a wee bit worse than you doesn't hurt either, because it allows you to come up with tactics that actually work, even if your naive ideas and pisspoor execution would likewise get horsed by the players who are better than you. You can't learn easily if you aren't given feedback about which of your half-assed and not quite properly honed ideas are maybe good and which aren't.

Ideally, play against a mixture of people who are better than you and who are worse than you and  the ones who are about your skill level.

13 hours ago, 101 said:

If anyone fancies a pre season friendly my lads are fresh off the sand dune drills, hammysgetinpumped  is my username.

That's me got a few preseason games on the go so won't accept any more for the time being :smartass

I am happy to ta take on a couple of pre season challenges.  Will accept the first two challenges and anymore after that will be accepted when one of the matches finishes. GCarlos9