P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

45 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

If you fire off a game invite to him I'm sure he'll pick it up and get the game started.

You don't need to wait for one game to finish before starting another btw (Ziggy will be able to vouch for the ability to have multiple games on the go).

Incidentally @N5 Spur and @GallowayBlue it looks like your game was the wrong way round in terms of black/white - the home team plays as white. Unless Frank has a different view I'd suggest that you play the return fixture the opposite way to even it up when it's scheduled in a few weeks' time.

Understood, thanks.

4 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

@N5 Spur, when are you available to play for round 2?

Happy to play now - as @Curmudgeon says, will (gladly) play more than one game at a time - a few weeks ago I inadvertently (and ridiculously) ended up having 26 games on the go due to a couple of tournaments starting around the same time - suffice to say, it didn't end well...

Happy to play now - as [mention=77689]Curmudgeon[/mention] says, will (gladly) play more than one game at a time - a few weeks ago I inadvertently (and ridiculously) ended up having 26 games on the go due to a couple of tournaments starting around the same time - suffice to say, it didn't end well...

Trying to find you in the search bar isn’t yielding any results, is it N5Spur altogether or is it something else? The mobile app for Chess.com is fucking donkey dick.

30 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Nevermind, found you! Popped you an invite, think it’s your turn to setup the game since I’m away!

Invite sent. I'm 'N5_Spur' on chess.com - it needs a hyphen.

Division C

XCTR94 beats N5_Spur by checkmate. Well played buddy; played well defensively but it’s always a struggle when you’re down a 2 bishops and a rook against 2 rooks. Less pawns as well to create those chains made it difficult as well.

Onto the next round?

809026896515434b6c9cdc85b1a5da21.jpg

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

XCTR94 beats N5_Spur by checkmate. Well played buddy; played well defensively but it’s always a struggle when you’re down a 2 bishops and a rook against 2 rooks. Less pawns as well to create those chains made it difficult as well.

Onto the next round?

809026896515434b6c9cdc85b1a5da21.jpg

Well played, you had me on the backfoot from the start - the result was never in doubt and my only hope was you hitting the wrong key on your phone.

Yes, let's kick off the return leg.

Division C Return Leg against N5_Spurs

XCTR94 wins by checkmate.

Well played buddy; hard lines with falling into an opening trap with my Queen but fought on.

Do I play against Strachanovski again to complete this round of fixtures?

785587a7a4d727edb9c73c59f97d9952.jpg

14 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Well played buddy; hard lines with falling into an opening trap with my Queen but fought on.

Nicely done again, caught me hook, line etc with the early moves. Good luck for the rest of the tournament.

14 minutes ago, Loki said:

What’s the rules on someone not moving and then going on vacation? @Frank Grimes

@eindhovendee hasn’t moved since Friday, and new league fixtures are out tomorrow.  The slow play in this league is ridiculous.

I've resigned, had to work all weekend when I didn't expect to, no chance of me getting time to play until the middle of the week.

13 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

You only need to play the one game against each this round, the return game gets scheduled later in the season.

You only need to play the one game against each this round, the return game gets scheduled later in the season.

Fair does; does my return leg against N5_Spur not count at the moment then or does that win cover the later match?

Fair does; does my return leg against N5_Spur not count at the moment then or does that win cover the later match?

On 22/01/2022 at 04:45, SweeperDee said:

Division C

XCTR beats Strachanovski by checkmate. Long game but I’m not used to the longer day turns so that’s to be expected; traded a lot of pawn material earlier on but that suited me allowing me to bring my pieces out to play fairly sharpish in the game.

It was a good game and Strachanovski definitely knows his chess by basically playing the best moves he could but ultimately losing his rooks cost him.

87f780a40605d2340d3346b0def256ce.jpg

Well played Sweeper, thought I played reasonably fast.

Thank you

4 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

I've resigned, had to work all weekend when I didn't expect to, no chance of me getting time to play until the middle of the week.

That’s fair enough.  If you messaged me saying that I’d have accepted a draw.

Division A

GCarlos9 defeats EindhovenDee by resignation.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Well played Sweeper, thought I played reasonably fast.

Thank you

I have the attention span of a gold fish if I'm playing anything resembling classical/daily-play chess so that's why I usually just instantly return a move; not calling you slow I'm just an impatient c**t. ❤️

Thank you.

21 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Just for reference my 2 games in Division A are currently at 10 moves & 13 moves. I'm not surprised by that, I've had a busy week and it's 1 move per day after all.

It’s one move a day on the app, but our rules are all matches need to be completed within 14 days of the published fixture.