P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

I've taken six Queens on loan from Division A reserve teams and they're all going into the starting XVI.  Am taking confidence in the fact that I've never lost a game by more than 1-0.  Next season's the start of the golden era.  

P&B Chess Cup

So -preliminary round over. Not to worry @Ken Deans and @BaSeDG0DSA1NT, if there's enough interest (sure there will be) you'll get a crack at the 360 Cup soon enough.

The Round of 16 will be drawn tomorrow. The list of hopefuls will be:

@Stellaboz, @Leicesterlichtie, @Curmudgeon, @Albino Rover, @IncomingExile, @Aim Here, @EvilScotsman, @pleslie99, @craigkillie, @SweeperDee, @free beer, @invergowrie arab, @ancientnoise, @mathematics, @true_rover, and @Frank Grimes

I'll post the draw and update the Cup spreadsheet with the details as soon as it's done. You can find that here:

https://tinyurl.com/sx5bpsnf

P&B Chess Cup

OK folks, my daughter did the draw and here's what came out of the bag for the Round of 16:

round_of_16_draw_march23_smaller.jpg.b89246f3324a9be6d07918680301433a.jpg

So that's...

@mathematics v @Aim Here

@Frank Grimes v @ancientnoise

@Albino Rover@Stellaboz

@SweeperDee v @IncomingExile

@craigkillie v @Curmudgeon

@EvilScotsman v @free beer

@pleslie99 v @invergowrie arab

And...

@Leicesterlichtie v @true_rover

Some tasty ties in there!

Spreadsheet has been updated (link in post above).

Best of luck!

Cup, Round Two.

IncomingExile wins by resignation against Sweeper Dee/XCTR94. But after missing two checkmates and blundering a queen along the way, I didn't really deserve to win. A fairly solid opening by both players and then it all went a bit mad, with Sweeper Dee regaining the upper hand until a discovered check turned the tables and allowed me to capture his queen and eventually promote a pawn.

Look forward to our next game.  

Edited by IncomingExile

7 minutes ago, IncomingExile said:

Cup, Round Two.

IncomingExile wins by resignation against Sweeper Dee/XCTR94. But after missing two checkmates and blundering a queen along the way, I didn't really deserve to win. A fairly solid opening by both players and then it all went a bit mad, with Sweeper Dee regaining the upper hand until a discovered check turned the tables and allowed me to capture his queen and eventually promote a pawn.

Look forward to our next game between us.  

Well played bud. Hope you didn’t think me pointing out stuff was me being cheeky; you’re definitely better than you give yourself credit for. Well played, looking forward to our league games. 

3 hours ago, free beer said:

@free beer / stewartmathers beats @EvilScotsman / RBWatson by resignation

A few unexpected gifts helped me through this away tie. 

Thanks for the game! 

A couple of errors is, apparently, a couple too many - despite playing above my rating according to the analysis, I never had a chance.

Well played and good luck with the rest of the cup, and in Division A next season.

4 minutes ago, Albino Rover said:

A win for me in the Cup.

A well-contested cup tie for 20 moves or so, until I nicked a bishop and got into a winning position.

Thanks@Stellaboz for the game

Cheers for the game. I saw a potential move to go for checkmate 5 or so moves down the line but needed you to fall for the trap. Needless to say, didn't work!