P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

10 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Division A Table and Fixtures

Division A P W D L Pts
Board_Stupid 16 14 1 1 43
AimHere 15 10 0 5 30
AlbinoRov 16 7 1 8 22
AH13STU 13 6 1 6 19
PnbMathematics 13 6 1 6 19
PurpleKangaroo89 10 6 0 4 18
invergowrie 14 5 0 9 15
pleslie999 12 4 1 7 13
Arabjoe 13 4 1 8 13
markf268 13 2 0 11 6

Round 17
PurpleKangaroo89 vs invergowrie
markf268 vs AH13STU
AimHere vs pleslie999
Board_Stupid vs PnbMathematics
Arabjoe vs AlbinoRov

Round 18
markf268 vs PurpleKangaroo89
pleslie999 vs invergowrie
AH13STU vs Board_Stupid
AlbinoRov vs AimHere
PnbMathematics vs Arabjoe

Results and calculations can be found on the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iEm3KhDrq-Ri6Jbz6pgRdNyKNfhtWyuvphTI-1ss9Ig

Apologies but have I any outstanding fixtures? Currently playing AH13STU and markf268. Looking at the table I feel like iv fell behind but thought I was up to date.

3 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Apologies but have I any outstanding fixtures? Currently playing AH13STU and markf268. Looking at the table I feel like iv fell behind but thought I was up to date.

Other than those two, I don't see your Round 16 pleslie999 vs Arabjoe fixture in the results list.

Division A defeat to Aim_Here

I would've lost to AH anyway but am gutted at the manner in which I gave the game away. We were online at the same time and I rushed into a blunder I'd never had made if I just thought about it for 30 seconds.

As the late, great B.B. King sang, never make your move too soon.

Thanks for the game, all the same@Aim Here

15 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Div B, Game 17

ancientnoise (black) beats @IncomingExile by checkmate.

An early queen loss did for white here.

Invitation to the last fixture  v @BaSeDG0DSA1NT sent. No rush mate.

Good game, and congratulations on your title win with your earlier result. I was a lot happier with my game in this return fixture than in our first, even if I did go a bit gung-ho early on, what with my season being all over bar the shouting..... and was surprised by chess.com's higher than usual rating of my 'accuracy.'

Leagues within leagues and all that - I finished in the top 1 of mine!   

Edited by IncomingExile

1 hour ago, ancientnoise said:

Div B, Game 16

ancientnoise (white) beats stewartmathers by resignation.

Very tough game, as expected. Managed to finally turn that pawn into a queen, but sheesh did black make me work for it - with pretty much constant threats down the King's side.

Think I'll be finding a bottle of vin rouge to pop open after that one!

Thanks again @free beer. Look forward to playing you in the future.

Put up more of a fight this time. Came to rue not exchanging my knight for your bishop early in the match. Well played and enjoy your wine!

Division A Round 15

Quite proud of this one. I don't think PurpleKangaroo made any obvious major mistakes, but out of a quiet little Italian game with little jockeying-for-position moves on the back rank, a rook-for-knight sac followed by a knight-for-pawn sac leaves his position in shreds.

AimHere beats PurpleKangaroo89 by resignation

Apologies, I have been miles behind on this ever since the mobile app went out of commission. Have sent out invites for any games I've missed, and can report the following results which are not in the spreadsheet.

Game 10: PurpleKangaroo89 beats pleslie999
Game 14: PurpleKangaroo89 beats PnbMathematics
Game 15: AimHere beats PurpleKangaroo89

9 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

XCTR94 beats incomingexile by checkmate.

Pesky double knight + rook wombo combo resulted in a tidy finish. 

WP chief. 

Yes, it was looking fairly even for a bit but I messed up the chance of a promotion, a word that I am clearly not going to use much in the context of Division B next season. 

Aim Here, please do the decent thing and sign me up for more of this public humiliation. I'm in for Season 8, thanks. 

Just now, pleslie99 said:

Aimhere beats pleslie999 by resignation.

thought I was doing ok until I was suddenly under all sorts of pressure and I crumbled. Well beaten in the end. Well played sir.

Yeah, that was a good game. You had me under the cosh for the first half.

Cheers

@ancientnoise defeats Saint by checkmate.

I've not checked the analysis yet however my notes I've got...Move 27 felt stuck, pinned in so gave my bishop to try get free and make plays. Your opening just pinned me so badly by move 27 I felt you were in such good position and had me stuck that I had to try some colourful hail Mary approach.

Struggled against your rooks lined up on G file and blindly didn't notice that I had lined both my queen and King in the same file.

As I said in chat, thank you for the game and for your chat during. All the best next season. Its been a pleasure watching you play.