P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Division B Table and Fixtures

Division B P W D L Pts
ancientnoise 13 13 0 0 39
stewartmathers 14 13 0 1 39
KenDeans 14 8 1 5 25
Basedgodsa1nt 12 8 0 4 24
Dandies1983 14 8 0 6 24
RBWatson 13 7 0 6 21
N5_Spur 14 4 0 10 12
mackieboz 13 3 1 9 10
IncomingExile 14 1 2 11 5
XCTR94 13 0 0 13 0

Round 15
IncomingExile vs stewartmathers
RBWatson vs Dandies1983
KenDeans vs ancientnoise
XCTR94 vs N5_Spur
mackieboz vs Basedgodsa1nt

Round 16
RBWatson vs IncomingExile
ancientnoise vs stewartmathers
Dandies1983 vs XCTR94
Basedgodsa1nt vs KenDeans
N5_Spur vs mackieboz

Division B, Round 16. 

Two idiotic blunders in a row opened up a sizeable early advantage for RBWatson. A few trades as the game opened up brought Incoming Exile back onto almost level-ish terms and I even had a strategy worked out - but that never materialised as RB's positional advantage won through (along with yet another blunder). Was happy to have almost dug myself out of a mess after such a ridiculous start, after nearly launching my laptop against the wall......... 

RBWatson wins by checkmate.

My week can only get worse as I've got stewartmathers in my other game. 

Edited by IncomingExile

57 minutes ago, IncomingExile said:

Division B, Round 16. 

Two idiotic blunders in a row opened up a sizeable early advantage for RBWatson. A few trades as the game opened up brought Incoming Exile back onto almost level-ish terms and I even had a strategy worked out - but that never materialised as RB's positional advantage won through (along with yet another blunder). Was happy to have almost dug myself out of a mess after such a ridiculous start, after nearly launching my laptop against the wall......... 

RBWatson wins by checkmate.

My week can only get worse as I've got stewartmathers in my other game. 

To be honest, I had got myself a bit tied up and had nothing worked out if you'd made the other move out of check at the end.

Thanks for the game and good luck in the next one!

23 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

To be honest, I had got myself a bit tied up and had nothing worked out if you'd made the other move out of check at the end.

Thanks for the game and good luck in the next one!

I only saw that other move a couple of seconds after hitting the Big Green Button of Death. As for the other game, my only hope is that stewartmathers rests his main pieces and plays the under-9s tiddlywinks while he concentrates on his top of the table clash with ancientnoise. I'd probably still lose.

6 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

XCTR94 Beats Dandies1983 by checkmate;

Solid game, opponent lost track of his cramped King and my rook flew to the line to seize upon the oversight. First win, finally. 

Next week's going to be a huge game!

30 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

An excellent game @Ken Deans , thanks for that.

Just had a look at the game review on chess.com. It seems to like your Bxh6 on move 20, describing it as "excellent".

I have to disagree. IMHO that was the only move that separated us in a very, very tight game.

Best of luck for your remaining fixtures.

Played it one move too early. Good attacking game well played

RBWatson @EvilScotsman defeats Saint by checkmate.

Looking ar review/analysis I'm not even sure how to read or understand what I'm looking at with the + and - numbers, I keep telling myself to go watch YouTube tutorial and get a better understanding and after this defeat and the next 2 I'm about to take in the next coming days I may eventually get round to doing this.

What I put in my notes were, when you took my rook around move 19 that is when I felt I had lost the game and couldn't catch you after that -5 deficit. 

Despite losing I really enjoyed the game and this defeat along woth the next 2 I'm shortly to receive I feel have taught my quite a lot and I have learned a lot from those games...just not how to read the analysis 😀 

GG, well played and I am genuinely looking forward to our next game which I am determined and passionate about to win, I never knew a game of chess could make me feel that way 😆 

The knight move (no. 6) which gained me the initial advantage wasn't as clever as I thought, but I was quite pleased with how I snared the rook as you mentioned.

It seemed to take ages to put the game to bed, but as far as I can tell that was down to your accuracy rather than anything I was missing.

I'm not 100% sold on the engine, which often (to me) seems to assume illogical moves in its analysis. It's almost certainly smarter than me though!

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

XCTR94 beats N5_Spur by checkmate.

Good game buddy. 

Indeed.  Game turned on a unforced error (mine) resulting in my queen being taken by your knight, mid-game. Minor attempt at a comeback but it never materialised.

Well played and good luck for what's left of the tournament.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

XCTR94 beats N5_Spur by checkmate.

Good game buddy. 

I've got the wood wax at the ready, my treasured League Wooden Spoon looks like it's staying in its rightful home. Roll on Sunday.