P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Division B, Round 7

N5 Spur defeats Mackieboz / @Stellaboz by checkmate.

Fairly even game most of the way, the only real difference was made by my opponent moving his Queen one square which then gave my Queen the room to checkmate, thanks to a waiting knight.

Nice game, thanks.

Division A Table and Fixtures

Division A P W D L Pts
Board_Stupid 8 7 0 1 21
AimHere 7 5 0 2 15
AlbinoRov 7 4 0 3 12
PurpleKangaroo89 4 3 0 1 9
invergowrie 7 3 0 4 9
pleslie999 6 2 1 3 7
Arabjoe 5 2 0 3 6
AH13STU 6 2 0 4 6
PnbMathematics 6 1 1 4 4
markf268 6 1 0 5 3

Round 9
PurpleKangaroo89 vs markf268
invergowrie vs pleslie999
Board_Stupid vs AH13STU
AimHere vs AlbinoRov
Arabjoe vs PnbMathematics

Round 10
pleslie999 vs PurpleKangaroo89
Board_Stupid vs markf268
invergowrie vs AlbinoRov
Arabjoe vs AH13STU
AimHere vs PnbMathematics

As usual, the results and calculations are viewable at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iEm3KhDrq-Ri6Jbz6pgRdNyKNfhtWyuvphTI-1ss9Ig

Division B Table and Fixtures

Division B P W D L Pts
ancientnoise 8 8 0 0 24
stewartmathers 7 6 0 1 18
Basedgodsa1nt 5 5 0 0 15
Dandies1983 8 4 1 3 13
RBWatson 8 4 1 3 13
KenDeans 7 3 1 3 10
N5_Spur 8 3 0 5 9
mackieboz 7 1 1 5 4
IncomingExile 8 0 2 6 2
XCTR94 8 0 0 8 0

Round 9
IncomingExile vs XCTR94
ancientnoise vs Basedgodsa1nt
mackieboz vs RBWatson
stewartmathers vs N5_Spur
KenDeans vs Dandies1983

Round 10
Basedgodsa1nt vs IncomingExile
mackieboz vs XCTR94
ancientnoise vs N5_Spur
KenDeans vs RBWatson
stewartmathers vs Dandies1983

Division A

Defeat against invergowrie, who does the double over me.

I started okay in this one and had my chances but made too many daft moves against a superior player, and paid the price. Enjoyed the game, though - thanks @invergowrie arab and good luck for the rest of the season.

12 minutes ago, Albino Rover said:

Division A

Defeat against invergowrie, who does the double over me.

I started okay in this one and had my chances but made too many daft moves against a superior player, and paid the price. Enjoyed the game, though - thanks @invergowrie arab and good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers. It was an enjoyable game. Always tough if you get 3 pawns on one file.

I couldn't really see where the win was coming from until it opened up and then suddenly all the moves were there. More a case of that any grand plan on my part.

Good luck for rest of season.

Anybody else getting 'Database Overloaded' when they go into the chess.com page? Just wondered if that might affect any Timed Out situations. Only noticed it this afternoon but it has been intermittent. 

2 hours ago, IncomingExile said:

Anybody else getting 'Database Overloaded' when they go into the chess.com page? Just wondered if that might affect any Timed Out situations. Only noticed it this afternoon but it has been intermittent. 

Yeah something is up. In a browser I can see that @Stellabozhas moved, but I can't make my move. On the app it's still showing as his move.

Edit: as soon as I posted this my move went through.

Edited by EvilScotsman
overtaken by events

3 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Yes, this has been happening for a few days for me now. They did state that they are looking into increasing the capacity of the backend, so hopefully that will get done soon.

Interestingly, I don't get any issues on the mobile app.

ETA: Looks like as part of the work they have disabled some of the other functionality, like chat.

Okay, not just me having issues then.    

1 hour ago, ancientnoise said:

I've made a couple of moves on the PC that seemed to register at the time, but actually weren't recorded.

Things seem to have recovered for now, but something for everyone to watch out for.

Yeah, it's been alright later in the evening.  Now I only have issues with my opponents being much better than me. Anyone got a cheat code that allows rooks and bishops to jump over occupied squares?

StewartMathers defeats Saint br resignation.

My opponent was better than me, always cruising and I wasn't troubling you. Blundering my Knight, Rook and Queen didn't help the game and prove far to much to come back from, I was constantly trying to chase the game from a behind position which just let to careless errors and unprotected pieces.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully I'll sharpen up and give you a better game at Bayview.

3 hours ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

StewartMathers defeats Saint br resignation.

My opponent was better than me, always cruising and I wasn't troubling you. Blundering my Knight, Rook and Queen didn't help the game and prove far to much to come back from, I was constantly trying to chase the game from a behind position which just let to careless errors and unprotected pieces.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully I'll sharpen up and give you a better game at Bayview.

You came back well after the initial gifts and had forced me to offer a rook in order to get better board position, before the queen incident. Still enjoyed it. Look forward to the return match and good luck too in your other matches.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Are the servers still down for everyone else?

I can’t get logged in 

From my laptop, I was able to log in early yesterday afternoon, but then later on and into early evening it wouldn't load, until late evening. Just logged on again this morning without an issue.