P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

47 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

My username on chess.com is mackieboz for those in the amalgamated seaside league. 

I can lose two games simultaneously if you want to get Round 2 underway now...... (in the Invasion By Division C-side league). 

To be honest, I'm thrilled. I'm hoping to achieve another promotion this season by finishing last again.  

Edited by IncomingExile

1 hour ago, ancientnoise said:

Settings updated N5.

Same result. I think this has happened before.

I've put in a friend request (though I don't see it pending) - if you do see it can you accept it and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

3 hours ago, IncomingExile said:

I can lose two games simultaneously if you want to get Round 2 underway now...... (in the Invasion By Division C-side league). 

To be honest, I'm thrilled. I'm hoping to achieve another promotion this season by finishing last again.  

I'm smashing all in my way this season  

Division B Round 1 - no surprise as Basedgodsaint beats IncomingExile by resignation, but in what would surely have been a christmas miracle I should have forced a win with his King exposed to both my rooks. Decided to drink a bottle of wine and then play chess instead. This could be a long season........ 

Thanks for the game, enjoyed it in spite of my stupidity. 

11 hours ago, IncomingExile said:

Division B Round 1 - no surprise as Basedgodsaint beats IncomingExile by resignation, but in what would surely have been a christmas miracle I should have forced a win with his King exposed to both my rooks. Decided to drink a bottle of wine and then play chess instead. This could be a long season........ 

Thanks for the game, enjoyed it in spite of my stupidity. 

Yeah I'm still scratching my head how I got the win.

I was so far behind and ypu seemed dominant, I felt completely up against it and had already thought to myself oh well thats the firstbdefeat of the season, then you had some wine and let me back in. Next time we play for the return leg be sure to send me your address and I'll forward another bottle of wine or 2 to you 😉 

All the best for the rest odnthe season bud.

Division B Round 1 - Dandies1983 vs stewartmathers result is a victory to stewartmathers by resignation. Took a long time to break down the resilient Dandies1983 defence but a great performance by the Bishop brothers just edged it at the end. 

Good luck to my opponent in his remaining league matches.

4 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

@craigkillie I sent an invite to our game, did you get it?

Sorry, I totally missed that the season had started. Tapatalk no longer working for P&B is really cutting down on my time on the site. I'll accept it now.

Edited by craigkillie

42 minutes ago, free beer said:

Division B Round 2 - stewartmathers v RBWatson result is a victory to stewartmathers by checkmate. Felt a bit of a scrooge after I got a gift wrapped Knight early on and didn't give a present in return.

I'd love to claim the move my 6 year old made swung the game, but I was already behind and in fact the engine rated it as good.

Well played.

23 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

@craigkillie I sent an invite to our game, did you get it?

Also @Albino Rover as mentioned you timed out? U want to restart if thats ok with the bosses.

Sorry folks, I have been offline for the last few days so didn't complete my games.

I will accept the two defeats - I think you were ahead anyway (and @invergowrie arabonly a few moves away from mate in his game against me) so no complaints.

On 26/12/2022 at 14:10, invergowrie arab said:

Invergowrie beats @Albino Rover by Timeout.

I wouldn't usually take time wins but i reckon i was seeing this out.

GG mate.

Screenshot_20221226_140508_Chess.jpg

Well played. I started aggressively and then you knocked seven shades of shit out of me fair and square, but I enjoyed the game.

Looking forward to the return leg.

1 hour ago, Albino Rover said:

Well played. I started aggressively and then you knocked seven shades of shit out of me fair and square, but I enjoyed the game.

Looking forward to the return leg.

Cheers. Not much in it but game turned on me pinching a free knight.

@mathematics beats Invergowrie by resignation/ mate in 1

Really enjoyable game but you had a response for everything  I tried and I didn't see that Q to back rank move. I was trying too hard to defend the middle files. Good game 

On 22/12/2022 at 20:33, Aim Here said:

Division B's first set of fixtures and inaugural league table:

Round 1
N5_Spur vs ancientnoise

@ancientnoise wins by resignation against N5_Spur.

A fairly early take of one of my castles put my opponent one step ahead, and it stayed that way until the end. 

Well played, Sir.