P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

4 hours ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Div C

Basedgodsa1nt beats Dandies1983 @Frank Grimes by checkmate.

I scraped over the line here.

I was going to offer a draw and was hoping you would've about 15-20moves in to which I would've bitten your hand off for.

I really need to take more time before I play a move, I'm just looking at the board, taking 30 seconds and making my move with the thought of nothing is really happening here and I'll pay attention later on when it gets down to a few pieces each.

Good good, well played and all the best for the rest of the season.

Well played mate, after you got ahead in material game wasn’t in doubt 

I'm open for friendlies. If anyone wants a game. Still 2 weeks from OTB chess for me.

A broad point about handicaps. I have played in tournies where I have 5 mins for all moves and my opponent has 15 mins. That can be a leveller.

Edited by Trogdor

League Table and fixtures for Division A

Division A P W D L Pts
Ziggy_the_Spider 6 4 2 0 14
Board_Stupid 8 4 2 2 14
AimHere 7 3 2 2 11
AH13STU 5 2 3 0 9
gkneil 7 2 0 5 6
Purplekangaroo89 5 1 1 3 4
Arabjoe 6 1 0 5 3
beef2711 0 0 0 0 0

Round 11
gkneil vs Arabjoe
Purplekangaroo89 vs Board_Stupid
AH13STU vs AimHere
Ziggy_the_Spider vs beef2711

Round 12
Purplekangaroo89 vs gkneil
AimHere vs Arabjoe
Board_Stupid vs Ziggy_the_Spider
beef2711 vs AH13STU

Beef2711 / @Stringer Bell hasn't completed a league game at all this season, and it's getting very late in the season; he seems to have started 3 league games and put them on hold with minutes to spare on the clock. I really don't like disqualifying people but if there's not some clear signs of catching up on his extensive backlog by the next round of fixtures, he'll get knocked out. Hopefully he's okay and this isn't a symptom of any major real life catastrophe at his end.

Divison B league table and fixtures

Division B P W D L Pts
pleslie999 9 7 0 2 21
invergowrie 7 6 0 1 18
N5_Spur 8 4 0 4 12
markf268 8 3 1 4 10
PnBMathematics 9 3 1 5 10
The_kid1433 9 3 0 6 9
XCTR94 8 2 0 6 6

Round 11
PnBMathematics vs N5_Spur
invergowrie vs The_kid1433
pleslie999 vs markf268

Round 12
The_kid1433 vs XCTR94
N5_Spur vs pleslie999
markf268 vs invergowrie

Division C League Table and Fixtures

Division C P W D L Pts
AlbinoRov 10 9 0 1 27
Dandies1983 10 7 0 3 21
Basedgodsa1nt 10 6 0 4 18
mackieboz 8 4 1 3 13
KenDeans 8 4 0 4 12
RBWatson 10 3 0 7 9
Strachanovski 7 1 1 5 4
IncomingExile 9 1 0 8 3

Round 11
IncomingExile vs KenDeans
AlbinoRov vs Dandies1983
Strachanovski vs RBWatson
mackieboz vs Basedgodsa1nt

Round 12
AlbinoRov vs IncomingExile
RBWatson vs KenDeans
Dandies1983 vs mackieboz
Basedgodsa1nt vs Strachanovski

Full details of the results and calculations for all leagues can be found in the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WTFYYhhNWBObdMMS9BM-0teqA1DQQjAgnL0PsODXi5U

Madwullie Cup Round 2

All the results are in, other than the result for beef2711 / @Stringer Bell vs Dandies1983, and given his no-show in the league, I don't think we should wait for him.

So at short notice, we've drafted in raconteur, broadcaster and Sidney Devine afficionado Tam Cowan and Scottish World Cup winner Rose Reilly to do the second round draw, and the results are as follows:

AimHere vs Basedgodsa1nt
Board_Stupid vs XCTR94
mackieboz vs Purplekangaroo89
beef2711 or Dandies1983 vs Strachanovski
invergowrie vs DearyMe
AlbinoRov vs pleslie999
RBWatson vs PnBMathematics
Ziggy_the_Spider vs IncomingExile

beef2711 / @Stringer Bell has until midnight tonight to fire in a challenge, otherwise he forfeits, and Dandies1983 goes through to play Strachanovski.

Good luck everyone, (except of course Basedgodsa1nt!)

I can confirm that I don't have the result, so please proceed with that!

XCTR94 pumped by resignation. Too much booze and beak last night made me think I could divinate theory on the fly; Invergowrie can confirm that blundering my queen to an open file rook doesn’t constitute sound theory.

Apparently capturing a blundered queen is a great move.

Unlucky, still made a fist of it a queen down and I was kind of shitting it about my back rank situation but wasn't sure whether it was foot on the throat or defend time.

Also made my first brilliant move which looked obvious as f**k TBH 

Edited by invergowrie arab

Unlucky, still made a fist of it a queen down and I was kind of shitting it about my back rank situation but wasn't sure whether it was foot on the throat or defend time.

The engine absolutely annihilated me and rightly so. No idea how the Rook > Queen blunder could be considered great though, not detracting from you, you had to see it and execute the move but it couldn’t have been more obvious.

27 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Chess.com seems to have changed their algorithm; before, Brilliant moves were assigned to apparently random moves that came along once in a blue moon, when the engine analysis actually went up after your move, for reasons known only to stockfish. Nowadays, you get them every few games, usually when there's some sort of sacrifice involved; in your case it's because you didn't flee that bishop to safety, but rather let white take it while you lined up your attack.

Edited by Aim Here

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Madwullie Cup Round 2

All the results are in, other than the result for beef2711 / @Stringer Bell vs Dandies1983, and given his no-show in the league, I don't think we should wait for him.

So at short notice, we've drafted in raconteur, broadcaster and Sidney Devine afficionado Tam Cowan and Scottish World Cup winner Rose Reilly to do the second round draw, and the results are as follows:

AimHere vs Basedgodsa1nt
Board_Stupid vs XCTR94
invergowrie vs DearyMe
AlbinoRov vs pleslie999

beef2711 / @Stringer Bell has until midnight tonight to fire in a challenge, otherwise he forfeits, and Dandies1983 goes through to play Strachanovski.

P & B Championship leader versus the basement boy. I have a feeling my first round bye will be the high point of this campaign..........

4 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Madwullie Cup Round 2

AimHere vs Basedgodsa1nt
Board_Stupid vs XCTR94
invergowrie vs DearyMe
AlbinoRov vs pleslie999

FFS