P&B Chess League - Season 7 soon…..

On 28/09/2022 at 21:55, Ken Deans said:

Endgame win v DbWatson. Good game thanks

On 29/09/2022 at 02:13, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Basedgodsa1nt defeats RBWatson by resignation.

Even game, couldve went either way I felt and then unfortunately for RBWatson I stumpled on a move that trapped the queen. 

Good game, well plated and all the bestfpr the rest of the season.

Two close games, I enjoyed both.

In a third close game, RBWatson beats Dandies1983 by checkmate; having stopped the queen checkmate once, it seems you missed it the second time. I didn't have much of a backup plan to be honest!

Division C, Round 8. 

Basedgodsaint completes a predictable league double over IncomingExile, by checkmate. In spite of the defeat I enjoyed the game, thanks very much.

I thought I'd sort of figured out an attack for a 'later on' that never came. Too much of a novice to understand all the lingo so I will patent this game as the Futility Man Non-Aggression Attack ('This looks like a job for Futility Man....... oh what's the point.....')    

Edited by IncomingExile

Division C, Round 7

After an epic contest(*) in which we we pretty much exchanged pieces all the way through, IncomingExile scrapes over the line against mackieboz by resignation. 
A bit of a midfield scrimmage left me with an advantage at the end. Well played, man. 

(* oh, come on, it looked bloody great from my end of the table).  

Learned a fair bit from this week's two fixtures,  I don't need to be too over-protective of some of the pieces.

And don't do dick things in friendlies versus ancientnoise. 

2 hours ago, IncomingExile said:

Division C, Round 8. 

Basedgodsaint completes a predictable league double over IncomingExile, by checkmate. In spite of the defeat I enjoyed the game, thanks very much.

I thought I'd sort of figured out an attack for a 'later on' that never came. Too much of a novice to understand all the lingo so I will patent this game as the Futility Man Non-Aggression Attack ('This looks like a job for Futility Man....... oh what's the point.....')    

Thanks for the game bud.

I enjoyed our game, first season in the league and I don't know any of the lingo or the moves people are speaking about but I'm still enjoying the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season

5 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Division B Invergowrie beats @mathematics by checkmate.

Didn't really like that unusual response to the Vienna. Wasn't sure what to do but was able to pick up the Bishop and from then on was able to stay on the front foot.

I think the main difference here is that you know what a Vienna is, while I’m sure it’s something to do with a dessert.

12 minutes ago, mathematics said:

PnBMathematics beats thekid1433 by resignation.

Did you now? Are you guys jumping the gun with the fixture list, because I wasn't going to post that fixture until tomorrow?

28 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Did you now? Are you guys jumping the gun with the fixture list, because I wasn't going to post that fixture until tomorrow?

I’ll answer this post yesterday, need to visit tomorrow in my Delorean to put on a bet.

5 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Genuinely don't know how you guys play daily games. I'm playing a couple of daily games for a local club on chess.com at the moment and keep forgetting my ideas😆

The key is not to have any ideas then u can't forget them in the 1st place. Works for me anyway 🤣

Division A

Ziggy_The_Spider and Board_stupid draw by agreement.

Very happy with a draw in what should statistically be the toughest fixture of the campaign.

I felt that I was always just a little behind and had to be very careful as any mistake would've had me in trouble.

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Division A

Ziggy_The_Spider and Board_stupid draw by agreement.

Very happy with a draw in what should statistically be the toughest fixture of the campaign.

I felt that I was always just a little behind and had to be very careful as any mistake would've had me in trouble.

Thanks for the game mate.

Yeah, I thought I was slightly better but without having a clear way to win. 

I think I was was needing you to make a mistake but it just didn’t happen.

That’s 8 times we’ve played and I’ve only managed 3 wins. 

• Frank Grimes changed the title to P&B Chess League - Season 7 soon…..