P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Apologies to everyone, especially @Aim Here for the no show last season. I had a lot going on in the real world and as a result haven't been on here or chess.com at all recently.

Good luck to everyone in season 7 and I'm aiming to hopefully return for season 8 (if you'll have me back of course).

Season 7

So far there have been 18 signups for the league, which is highly suggestive that we should split it into two leagues of 9 (unless a few more show up)

Currently this is the structure we have, based on last season results. Relegation from Division A/Promotion from division C seem to be neatly handled by apparent no-shows.

Division A:

AH13STU
AimHere
AlbinoRov
Arabjoe
Board_Stupid
invergowrie
PnbMathematics
pleslie999
PurpleKangaroo94

Division B

Basedgodsa1nt
ancientnoise
IncomingExile
KenDeans
markf268
N5_Spur
RBWatson
XCTR94
stewartmathers

Unless I've missed them, I didn't catch @gkneil, @Ziggy, @Frank Grimes @Stellaboz or @true_rover confirming or denying their participation. Feel free to speak up if you want to play, guys!

(Also, Ziggy and DearyMe / @Trogdor haven't played out their madwullie cup final!)

Let me know if you guys have any problems with this in the next few days, and if we're good to go, I'll spin up the fixture list.

31 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Season 7

So far there have been 18 signups for the league, which is highly suggestive that we should split it into two leagues of 9 (unless a few more show up)

Currently this is the structure we have, based on last season results. Relegation from Division A/Promotion from division C seem to be neatly handled by apparent no-shows.

Division A:

AH13STU
AimHere
AlbinoRov
Arabjoe
Board_Stupid
invergowrie
PnbMathematics
pleslie999
PurpleKangaroo94

Division B

Basedgodsa1nt
ancientnoise
IncomingExile
KenDeans
markf268
N5_Spur
RBWatson
XCTR94
stewartmathers

Unless I've missed them, I didn't catch @gkneil, @Ziggy, @Frank Grimes @Stellaboz or @true_rover confirming or denying their participation. Feel free to speak up if you want to play, guys!

(Also, Ziggy and DearyMe / @Trogdor haven't played out their madwullie cup final!)

Let me know if you guys have any problems with this in the next few days, and if we're good to go, I'll spin up the fixture list.

My fault, been really busy.

@Ziggy invite sent compadre.

17 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Season 7

Division A:

AH13STU
AimHere
AlbinoRov
Arabjoe
Board_Stupid
invergowrie
PnbMathematics
pleslie999
PurpleKangaroo94

Division B

Basedgodsa1nt
ancientnoise
IncomingExile
KenDeans
markf268
N5_Spur
RBWatson
XCTR94
stewartmathers

Yeah, I'm in 

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay; I was a bit overloaded with work.

I've added in Dandies1983 and mackieboz, sorted out the league tables and generated the fixtures. We have two divisions of ten players each, and with the increased size, I suggest two guaranteed promotion/relegation slots and one playoff spot.

So with that over with

Welcome to the start of the P&B Chess league season 7.

Division A looks like this:

Division A P W D L Pts
AH13STU 0 0 0 0 0
AimHere 0 0 0 0 0
AlbinoRov 0 0 0 0 0
Arabjoe 0 0 0 0 0
Board_Stupid 0 0 0 0 0
invergowrie 0 0 0 0 0
markf268 0 0 0 0 0
pleslie999 0 0 0 0 0
PnbMathematics 0 0 0 0 0
PurpleKangaroo94 0 0 0 0 0

Division A's first set of fixtures is as follows:

Round 1
PurpleKangaroo94 vs pleslie999
markf268 vs Board_Stupid
AlbinoRov vs invergowrie
AH13STU vs Arabjoe
PnbMathematics vs AimHere

Round 2
Board_Stupid vs PurpleKangaroo94
pleslie999 vs AlbinoRov
Arabjoe vs markf268
invergowrie vs PnbMathematics
AimHere vs AH13STU

Division B's first set of fixtures and inaugural league table:

Division B P W D L Pts
ancientnoise 0 0 0 0 0
Basedgodsa1nt 0 0 0 0 0
Dandies1983 0 0 0 0 0
IncomingExile 0 0 0 0 0
KenDeans 0 0 0 0 0
N5_Spur 0 0 0 0 0
RBWatson 0 0 0 0 0
Stellaboz 0 0 0 0 0
stewartmathers 0 0 0 0 0
XCTR94 0 0 0 0 0

Round 1
IncomingExile vs Basedgodsa1nt
XCTR94 vs Stellaboz
N5_Spur vs ancientnoise
RBWatson vs KenDeans
Dandies1983 vs stewartmathers

Round 2
Stellaboz vs IncomingExile
Basedgodsa1nt vs N5_Spur
KenDeans vs XCTR94
ancientnoise vs Dandies1983
stewartmathers vs RBWatson

The workings and the fixtures for both divisions are available in the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iEm3KhDrq-Ri6Jbz6pgRdNyKNfhtWyuvphTI-1ss9Ig

13 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Division B's first set of fixtures and inaugural league table:

Round 1
N5_Spur vs ancientnoise

Round 2
Basedgodsa1nt vs N5_Spur

Invite sent to @BaSeDG0DSA1NT but I can't send one to @ancientnoise as your incoming rating-against-other-players needs to be changed, all for as and when, of course.

Thanks,

• Frank Grimes changed the title to P&B Chess League - Season 7 underway

Not too sure I will ever recover from the thin air, up here in the heady heights of fourth place on alphabetical order before a pawn is murdered. A bit like The Cook Islands being drawn away to Bolivia but without the scenery. 

I've had to give the fancy works phone back to the office after jacking the job in, so this season's games might be a little slower as I have to be logged onto the laptop to play. I'm usually online twice a day as a minimum though.

Let's go, then......