P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

In order to correct my mistakes, here is the revised, and hopefully final, Season (ahem) 6 table for Division A.

Apologies for any confusion!

Division A P W D L Pts
Board_Stupid 12 8 2 2 26
Ziggy_the_Spider 12 8 2 2 26
AimHere 12 6 3 3 21
Purplekangaroo89 12 5 1 6 16
AH13STU 12 4 4 4 16
Arabjoe 12 3 0 9 9
gkneil 12 2 0 10 6

Madwullie Cup semi-final

Aimhere blunders into a fork, and that results in an easy victory for Ziggy_the_Spider.

Ziggy_the_Spider beats AimHere by resignation.

--

Therefore the final will be between DearyMe and Ziggy_the_Spider. Kevin Clancy's cointoss was called correctly by Ziggy_the_Spider so he gets to be white.

Let battle commence!

Final:

Ziggy_the_Spider vs DearyMe

34 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Madwullie Cup semi-final

Aimhere blunders into a fork, and that results in an easy victory for Ziggy_the_Spider.

--

Therefore the final will be between DearyMe and Ziggy_the_Spider. Kevin Clancy's cointoss was called correctly by Ziggy_the_Spider so he gets to be white.

Let battle commence!

Final:

Whats Up Hello GIF by Paramount+

40 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Madwullie Cup semi-final

--

Let battle commence!

Final:

Thanks for the game, I thought you were getting the better of things until your blunder.

• Frank Grimes changed the title to P&B Chess League - Season 7 soon…..

Season 7 signups

Okay, I'm going to take signups for the next chess League/Cup season. Anyone wanting in, please say so in this thread, and if I don't know your chess.com username, please give that information too. If you only want to take part in one or other of the League or Cup, please say that (and bear in mind, the Cup format might change, since there's some murmurs of discontent regarding the use of Chess960).

I already have IncomingExile and Ken Deans down for next season.

Count me in, please, for some more 2nd level, mid-to-lower table mediocrity with the occasional teasing flirt with both promotion (until game 3 or 4) and relegation (for the rest of the season) play-offs, if I'm, lucky.

Looking forward to it, as per.

Thanks.

I'd like to keep 960, too, but wondered if there's any support for a second KO competition, as long as it doesn't cause more stress for Aim Here? 

How about a normal format for the Cup, if that's what the majority want - but the first round losers drop down into a supplementary 960 cup? Keeps a bit of interest up for us basement-dwellers in the long dark winter between losing our first league game, and losing our last one......