P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

8 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Do I need to still need to play Mark? Actually looking at the table I don’t know if there’s a mathematical way for me to stay up, hence why I said I’d resign my last match…but I can’t work if out.

With the current league as-is (and if we revoke your resignation from the league), you'd be three points behind the_kid1433, and you have a better head-to-head record against him, so it is mathematically possible for you to not be relegated, if you win your next game, and he loses.

With the current league as-is (and if we revoke your resignation from the league), you'd be three points behind the_kid1433, and you have a better head-to-head record against him, so it is mathematically possible for you to not be relegated, if you win your next game, and he loses.

I retract my resignation if that’s acceptable.

Division C, RBWatson beats @IncomingExile by checkmate.

Perhaps not the highest quality, with 22(!) blunders between us, but exciting nonetheless as I somehow managed to exchange my knights, bishops and one rook for a queen and all bar one of my opponents pawns, along with his king in the middle of the board. My remaining rook and queen eventually found a way to trap the king, but only after several rescues which I hadn't spotted and (at least) one point at which I was sure I was going to lose.

Thanks for the game, I look forward to meeting you again next season!

1 hour ago, EvilScotsman said:

Division C, RBWatson beats @IncomingExile by checkmate.

Perhaps not the highest quality, with 22(!) blunders between us, but exciting nonetheless as I somehow managed to exchange my knights, bishops and one rook for a queen and all bar one of my opponents pawns, along with his king in the middle of the board. My remaining rook and queen eventually found a way to trap the king, but only after several rescues which I hadn't spotted and (at least) one point at which I was sure I was going to lose.

Thanks for the game, I look forward to meeting you again next season!

Yes, it had an end of season, throw caution to the wind feel to the game. Cheers for both games, my application for re-election is in the post..........

1 minute ago, Albino Rover said:

Div C win vs mackieboz.

Glad to get a victory over one of the better players in the league who thumped me in the reverse fixture.

Thanks for the game

Man I didn't even see the checkmate coming. Great game, well played.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

Well played 

Some horrendous errors from me but you ruthlessly capitalised 

Cheers, that's probably the best I've ever played, and my second best victory ever. A load of stress though, knew one mistake and you would capitilise, even at the end a stalemate was always possible. Going out on this high, and having a rest for a season.

Thanks for the battle.

22 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Strachanovski defeats Dandies by resignation.

Will complete my final fixtures, but after that, I'm out.

Thank you.

If my abacus is correct, this result officially gives me the league's wooden spoon. I've worked bloody hard to win that, I started out mid-table on alphabetical order before anyone had played a game so I had a lot of ground to dig away. 

Sorry to see that you are leaving, our two games went to 129 moves and I really enjoyed both of them, even if I was on the losing side. Hope you might rejoin at some point. 

3 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

Division C, RBWatson beats Strachanovsky by checkmate.

Thanks for the game; I was trying to line up the Queen and rook on the same file, then the check with the bishop sort of fell into my lap.

Yeah, I missed the bishop, soon as I realised I knew I was beat, good open quick game, well played.

1 hour ago, IncomingExile said:

If my abacus is correct, this result officially gives me the league's wooden spoon. I've worked bloody hard to win that, I started out mid-table on alphabetical order before anyone had played a game so I had a lot of ground to dig away. 

Sorry to see that you are leaving, our two games went to 129 moves and I really enjoyed both of them, even if I was on the losing side. Hope you might rejoin at some point. 

Cheers my man, great battles, got too much going on just now, need a break.

Thank you.

I do win this but anyone who has ever lost to me should be throughly ashamed of themselves.
Check out this #chess game: Eggsydankworth vs invergowrie - https://www.chess.com/live/game/60108610063
4 pints deep chess 

I don’t think anything this season tops my double queen stalemate.