P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Madwullie Cup

ancientnoise dips his toe into the P&B chess waters with a respectable loss to AimHere. A scary, but reckless attack put ancientnoise down a piece and a brisk counterattack killed him before he could get any use out of what would likely turn into an annoying passed pawn.

AimHere beats ancientnoise by resignation.

2 hours ago, N5 Spur said:

The_kid1433 / @the tungston weasel defeats N5 Spur by checkmate with a neat piece of work with 2 pawns giving me grief (one of which was promoted and put me in checkmate) at the end game, when I think it seemed (to me at least) that the game was heading my way.  A close game overall but the smart move made all the difference.

Very nicely played.

Thanks very much.  Yup. I think I really got away with one there, and more through luck than anything else.  After you pinned my night and rook I was so lost I thought about resignation for a few moves but then somehow lucked out.

Anyway, snaped my 10 match losing streak,(which started with our last match) so I am delighted.

Good game.  I'm sorry I absolutely stole tat.

On 11/09/2022 at 14:59, Aim Here said:

Round 4
Arabjoe vs gkneil

Gkneil wins by checkmate - for reasons unknown I went to swap a Knight for a Bishop, but when you took my Knight I neglected to take your Bishop, and never really got back into the game after that.  Well played.

On 25/09/2022 at 13:20, Aim Here said:

Round 7

Arabjoe vs Board_Stupid

Board_Stupid wins by resignation - your Queen and Bishops got into a position from which I had no chance of return.  Well played.

I think that's 5 or 6 losses in a row for me with little fight put up in any of them... doing a "Jack Ross", if you like.

3 minutes ago, Albino Rover said:

Div C

Win vs Strachanovski

Massive case of "victory from the jaws of defeat" - I had no right to win that one.

Thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable game, looking forward to the reverse fixture.

Cheers, I played to the best of my ability there, thought I had you beat, gutted to lose it, but on the flipside, a great game to take part in.

Thank you.

Div B

XCTR94 beats PnBMathematics by checkmate.

Really close opening and mid game until PnB blundered a punish on my Queen blunder; opened up from there, and slowly worked my way up the board with my queen and pawns. Thought I defended pretty solidly besides the aforementioned unpunished queen blunder [emoji102]

5 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Div B

XCTR94 beats PnBMathematics by checkmate.

Really close opening and mid game until PnB blundered a punish on my Queen blunder; opened up from there, and slowly worked my way up the board with my queen and pawns. Thought I defended pretty solidly besides the aforementioned unpunished queen blunder emoji102.png

I should be shot for the blunder. Well played.

Division A

Board_stupid and AH13STU draw by agreement.

Very little in it during the game and the end positions completely equal so a draw a very fair result.

Stu continues his impressive unbeaten run since coming back to the division and won't be threatened by relegation this season.

On 28/09/2022 at 21:55, Ken Deans said:

Endgame win v DbWatson. Good game thanks

On 29/09/2022 at 02:13, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Basedgodsa1nt defeats RBWatson by resignation.

Even game, couldve went either way I felt and then unfortunately for RBWatson I stumpled on a move that trapped the queen. 

Good game, well plated and all the bestfpr the rest of the season.

Two close games, I enjoyed both.

In a third close game, RBWatson beats Dandies1983 by checkmate; having stopped the queen checkmate once, it seems you missed it the second time. I didn't have much of a backup plan to be honest!

Division C, Round 8. 

Basedgodsaint completes a predictable league double over IncomingExile, by checkmate. In spite of the defeat I enjoyed the game, thanks very much.

I thought I'd sort of figured out an attack for a 'later on' that never came. Too much of a novice to understand all the lingo so I will patent this game as the Futility Man Non-Aggression Attack ('This looks like a job for Futility Man....... oh what's the point.....')    

Edited by IncomingExile

Division C, Round 7

After an epic contest(*) in which we we pretty much exchanged pieces all the way through, IncomingExile scrapes over the line against mackieboz by resignation. 
A bit of a midfield scrimmage left me with an advantage at the end. Well played, man. 

(* oh, come on, it looked bloody great from my end of the table).  

Learned a fair bit from this week's two fixtures,  I don't need to be too over-protective of some of the pieces.

And don't do dick things in friendlies versus ancientnoise. 

2 hours ago, IncomingExile said:

Division C, Round 8. 

Basedgodsaint completes a predictable league double over IncomingExile, by checkmate. In spite of the defeat I enjoyed the game, thanks very much.

I thought I'd sort of figured out an attack for a 'later on' that never came. Too much of a novice to understand all the lingo so I will patent this game as the Futility Man Non-Aggression Attack ('This looks like a job for Futility Man....... oh what's the point.....')    

Thanks for the game bud.

I enjoyed our game, first season in the league and I don't know any of the lingo or the moves people are speaking about but I'm still enjoying the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season