P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Two results in Division C. 

Incoming Exile so bad that he managed to lose game 6 first, by checkmate to RB Watson before losing game 5 to Albino Rover.

Managed to take a few pieces off RBWatson but left myself open to a queen/bishop attack. 

The other match was top versus bottom and the league table doesn't lie! 

Thanks to both for the games.  

Edited by IncomingExile

Div B

XCTR94 beats The_Kid1433 by checkmate.

Finally decided to not blunder my queen in the first 5 moves for once and thankfully played really well. Don’t think my opponent managed to setup any clean attacks because I sorted a strong pawn structure early doors.

Thanks for the game!

2 hours ago, arab_joe said:

A very routine win for AH13STU (by resignation) - I'm playing 3 games simultaneously and making fairly basic mistakes in all 3...

I feel your pain. I'm currently trying to play 3 matches at once and I'm making several mistakes.

Lesson learned and I'll not do it again until I've played a little more and then hopefully I'll be able to do this.

On 20/09/2022 at 10:56, SweeperDee said:

Div B

XCTR94 beats The_Kid1433 by checkmate.

Finally decided to not blunder my queen in the first 5 moves for once and thankfully played really well. Don’t think my opponent managed to setup any clean attacks because I sorted a strong pawn structure early doors.

Thanks for the game!

Cheers mate.  You too.

Just a quick apology to any of my recent opponents for my sporadic play.  Things quite hectic at work at the moment.

8 hours ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

KenDeans checkmate Basedgodsa1nt.

Well played, I felt behind all game against you and looking at my stats made a late of errors, despite that I still enjoyed our game.

Well played and good luck.

Good game buddy. Swings and roundabouts had a slight tempo advantage

Division B, Round 6

Invergowrie defeats N5 Spur by resignation.

A fairly early exchange of Queens made the game quite dogged with my opponent then going a rook up. From that point on I was on the backfoot and never really looked like pulling the game back.

Well played, @invergowrie arab, good game.

2 minutes ago, N5 Spur said:

Division B, Round 6

Invergowrie defeats N5 Spur by resignation.

A fairly early exchange of Queens made the game quite dogged with my opponent then going a rook up. From that point on I was on the backfoot and never really looked like pulling the game back.

Well played, @invergowrie arab, good game.

Cheers.

The found check for the free Knight was all that was in it. Glad to get back into it quickly after not noticing I was handing you a free bishop.

That's my last few games where going a few points up in material allows you to trade and take it down to pawn promotion.