P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

22 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Round 13
Arabjoe vs N5_Spur
XCTR94 vs gkneil
pleslie999 vs PnBMathematics
AH13STU vs markf268

Round 14
gkneil vs paakman01
N5_Spur vs pleslie999
markf268 vs XCTR94
PnBMathematics vs AH13STU

Invite sent to pleslie999 for as and when convenient, and accepted Arabjoe's invite.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I see it is Nepo again.

The question is, will Sauron defend his title?

The Lord of the Rings would be better if Sauron abdicated and let Frodo and Gollum fight it out to be the Overlord of Middle Earth, IMO.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

Fairly even game until that last move min 

Was the last Rook move a slip of the finger?

Nah I had planned a few moves to stop you promoting the h-pawn, but overlooked the one just sitting there innocently in the middle of the board. Looking at it now I don't think I could have stopped the promotion anyway, unless there's something I'm missing.

Division A, Round 14

I blunder an exchange that happens to be a mate threat, and rather than calculating and playing the exchange, invergowrie ples on more pressure, not spotting the mate threat.

AimHere beats invergowrie arab by careless counterblunder.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Division A, Round 14

I blunder an exchange that happens to be a mate threat, and rather than calculating and playing the exchange, invergowrie ples on more pressure, not spotting the mate threat.

AimHere beats invergowrie arab by careless counterblunder.

Sake. Was all pleased with myself playing the Scandinavian main line well and looking to begin to push on.

In better news Invergowrie wins in the Cup making slightly fewer mistakes than Ken Deans. Also apologies to Ken for rudely denying the friend request as I saw it when I was just awake and forgot who you were.

On 03/07/2022 at 15:34, Aim Here said:

Round 13
Arabjoe vs N5_Spur

Arabjoe wins by checkmate.

Following a very even start I managed to trap your Queen behind your King, and as soon as I took her it was going to be very tough to get back into the game. 

4 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Arabjoe wins by checkmate.

Following a very even start I managed to trap your Queen behind your King, and as soon as I took her it was going to be very tough to get back into the game. 

The result was never in doubt after the opening gambits. Nicely played, Sir.

Pleslie999 beats gkneil by resignation

Good game, was close i thought, i nearly missed a mate threat from my opponent and thankfully noticed it before i played my move. Went all the way to the end game but my extra 2 pawns were the difference. I am terrible at end games tbf so was happy my opponent resigned rather than need to stumble over the finish line. Cheers for the game.

I quite enjoy the occasional episode of Columbo. You know as a viewer right from the beginning that he's going to catch the criminal. Everyone knows that he'll win. The boys back at the station will know it. If he killer had any shred of self awareness he'd know it too.

It's a bit like that playing against Trogdor. Deep down I probably know that it's futile trying to beat him and it's just a matter of seeing what he'll do to come out on top.

Dearyme beats Board_stupid by asking more difficult questions than I have answers to.

Peter Falk Detective GIF by PeacockTV

Kid1433 resigns v KenDeans. Great game under pressure for most of it. The fork was crucial. Great game buddy
Well played.
Felt like I was cruising after I took your Knight early. But after you forked the rook probably should have just resigned there.
Good game.

Div A- Round 11

Ziggy beats Invergowrie by resignation.

I was white against a fairly typical Scandinavian. I thought it was fairly level until Invergowrie played 13..b5 which seemed really committal and weakening.

Thanks for the game mate.

16 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Div A- Round 11

Ziggy beats Invergowrie by resignation.

I was white against a fairly typical Scandinavian. I thought it was fairly level until Invergowrie played 13..b5 which seemed really committal and weakening.

Thanks for the game mate.

Not two moves before I had committed not to move that pawn until I could castle given the check fork possibilities.

The problem with one day games is sometimes.forgetting what the plan was.

Well played.