P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

5 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Round 9
IncomingExile vs Strachanovski
Dandies1983 vs Basedgodsa1nt
mackieboz vs KenDeans
AlbinoRov vs RBWatson

Round 10
Dandies1983 vs IncomingExile
KenDeans vs Strachanovski
Basedgodsa1nt vs AlbinoRov
RBWatson vs mackieboz

If I recall correctly, due to a problem setting up our Round 2 match on my phone, I ended up playing as the home side v Strachanovski, so I will send the invitation for Round 9 as the away side. As if it will make any difference.....! 

Purplekangaroo89 beats gkneil. Quite pleased with how I played that - I checked it on the computer and the only move it gave as an inaccuracy was a sacrifice that I knew would simplify to a good endgame, and which my opponent probably wouldn't (and didn't) take for that reason.

5 hours ago, IncomingExile said:

If I recall correctly, due to a problem setting up our Round 2 match on my phone, I ended up playing as the home side v Strachanovski, so I will send the invitation for Round 9 as the away side. As if it will make any difference.....! 

Cheers, will start tomorrow.

Basedgodsa1nt loses to AlbinoRov by checkmate.

I say this a lot but I really enjoyed that game. You were so far infront with how many moves you must think ahead and what plans you have and I was only capable of thinking 1 move at a time and reacting to whatever move you had just made, that's how much pressure you had me under with your bishops and queen.

Gutted I threw my queen with a silly careless moment but looking at the review with 3 blunders I was never going to trouble you that game.

Well played, all the best for the season and thank you for sparking my interest in chess again and striving to get better.

1 minute ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Basedgodsa1nt loses to AlbinoRov by checkmate.

I say this a lot but I really enjoyed that game. You were so far infront with how many moves you must think ahead and what plans you have and I was only capable of thinking 1 move at a time and reacting to whatever move you had just made, that's how much pressure you had me under with your bishops and queen.

Gutted I threw my queen with a silly careless moment but looking at the review with 3 blunders I was never going to trouble you that game.

Well played, all the best for the season and thank you for sparking my interest in chess again and striving to get better.

Thanks for the games, BGS.

That was shaping up to be quite an even contest just like our first encounter - up until that Queen blunder. I was gutted for you, after that the mate was fairly routine.

10 minutes ago, Albino Rover said:

Div C

Win vs RBWatson

Nicked a bishop early doors and didn't look back from there. Thanks for the games, RB.

There's something wrong in the world when accuracy of 76.8 gets you a shoeing like that in Division C.

Well played sir.

Ziggy beats GKNeil by resignation.

Gkneil made the mistake of not keeping enough pieces protecting his king.

Then a weakening pawn move allowed me to crash through.

Thanks for the game.

N5 Spur defeats markf268 (true_rover) by resignation.

Tight, close game which, seemingly as per,  could have gone either way. Decided in the end game by my opponent's bishop forking my castle and knight but my knight was able to place his king in check leaving me the opportunity to then take the offending bishop (don't know what that move is called) with said knight.

Good game, thanks.

54 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Div C

Dandies1983 beats IncomingExile 

Cheers, good game. It looked fairly even in terms of pieces captured but I know that it wasn't in the end. 

My season so far has been like going out to face Jeff Thomson with a plastic beach cricket bat. I could get four streaky runs off an inside edge, but I'm probably going to end up losing my teeth.

Div C

Basedgodsa1nt beats Dandies1983 @Frank Grimes by checkmate.

I scraped over the line here.

I was going to offer a draw and was hoping you would've about 15-20moves in to which I would've bitten your hand off for.

I really need to take more time before I play a move, I'm just looking at the board, taking 30 seconds and making my move with the thought of nothing is really happening here and I'll pay attention later on when it gets down to a few pieces each.

Good good, well played and all the best for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

I really need to take more time before I play a move, I'm just looking at the board, taking 30 seconds and making my move with the thought of nothing is really happening here and I'll pay attention later on when it gets down to a few pieces each.

You rotten beggar, you've just given my tactics away.  Apart from the 'still being in the game later on' thing......

2 results from Div B.

Pleslie999 beats XCTR94 by resignation

Pleslie999 beats the_kid1433 by resignation

Felt I played really well in both games for a change. XCTR94 helped by blundering a rook early although I tried my best to hand the advantage back in the middle game before getting a pawn to promote to force the resignation.

Against The_kid1433 I felt I had a good position for the entire game and once I had his king pinned in the corner by my 2 bishops it was a tough position to find a way out of .

Cheers to both.