P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

5 hours ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Despite losing I really e joyed that game.

Well played and good luck

It was a bit of a rollercoaster, wasn't it?! Pretty sure you will be in the top end of this table at the business end of the season.

I will still consider my 12 points "nuts for Winter" - I've already had the rub of the green in one or two matches, so will no doubt experience the reverse in games to come.

On 11/09/2022 at 12:00, Aim Here said:

Round 3
invergowrie vs XCTR94
PnBMathematics vs markf268
pleslie999 vs The_kid1433

Round 4
N5_Spur vs PnBMathematics
The_kid1433 vs invergowrie
markf268 vs pleslie999

I’d like to offer my sincerest apologies to shitting all over my game with markf268. He had me on the ropes and I shitfested my way to a draw.

He did not deserve that.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Division A

Round 3

I wondered what would happen if I accepted Ziggy's king's gambit.

Now I know.

Ziggy beats AimHere through utter annihilation.

Thanks mate, I did enjoy that. 

Taking the pawn is fine but you can’t be so passive afterwards. You either need to try to hold on to it or find a way to counter.

On 12/09/2022 at 09:05, Leicesterlichtie said:

Div A

Ziggy_the_Spider draws with AH13STU 

Early season, get a point on the board type game. 

Thanks for the game Ziggy.

@Aim Here I'll play cup. 👍

Well played mate, It never felt like I had an advantage.

21 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Thanks mate, I did enjoy that. 

Taking the pawn is fine but you can’t be so passive afterwards. You either need to try to hold on to it or find a way to counter.

Yeah - I did have a brainfart early on where my plan involves two moves, and I played the second one first, and that fucked me up a fair bit. Then it got worse from there.

5 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Win for PnBMathematics by checkmate. One of those games where it was not one mistake which did it, just an odd number of shared mistakes.

Yes, it was a strange game, but I think a couple of errors late-mid game turned things around, and you took full advantage. Nicely done.  

Thanks.

Would anyone care for a non-tournament game of correspondence chess, not using chess.com but sending a message for each move made, and having to use notation, etc? 

I’m loving the leagues we play but am aware that I’m not playing on a proper board - I think another layer of thought is needed whereas chess.com kind of takes care of everything for you.

My level here is Division B, middle to lower end I would best predict, and my rating on chess.com is currently 975 but fluctuates between the lower 900s to the mid 1000s, though I think my natural level is mid 900s. 

Let me know if you’re interested. 

Thanks

11 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Great. Admittedly I'll be like a works team v Real Madrid but hey.

Do you play online?

Yeah, the games are daily games on chess.com (i.e. minimum of one move per day, but games are generally done within a week or two).

Rules are in this thread

If you want in, just sign up on chess.com and give me your chess.com account name.

19 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Great. Admittedly I'll be like a works team v Real Madrid but hey.

Do you play online?

I need as many practice games as possible, if you want to play a few friendlies then sign up and send me an invite to "IncomingExile."  You'll win plenty...... 

Divison C, Round 4. 

Ken Deans narrowly wins by seventy-three lucky offside goals against the run of play to nil against a hapless, hopeless and ultimately pointless IncomingExile. 

Everything was going well until my daft Queen blunder. And then Ken rained down Hell. 

Scrabble. Now there's a game. 

Edited by IncomingExile
Typo. Just a little bit of OCD.

9 minutes ago, IncomingExile said:

Divison C, Round 4. 

Ken Deans narrowly wins by seventy-three lucky offside goals against the run of play to nil against a hapless, hopeless and ulltimately pointless IncomingExile. 

Everything was going well until my daft Queen blunder. And then Ken rained down Hell. 

Scrabble. Now there's a game. 

Lol. Thanks for the game buddy. U were unlucky cos usually blunder at least once