P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

12 minutes ago, cal234ey said:

That would be me.

Pleslie99 beats paakman01 by checkmate.

I've had an absolute shocker there from about move 10 onwards to throw away that lead. Well played to keep taking advantage of my errors.

Good game mate. I had a howler early to blunder my queen then spent the next wee while chasing your Queen about while trying to get my remaining pieces into a decent position. Promoting into checkmate was a nice finish mind you, don't think iv ever done that before! Look forward to the return match.

Division A

Board_stupid defeats beef2711 by checkmate.

It felt like an even game until an opportune check allowed me to get on the front foot which ended up being the difference.

Pleased to get early points on the board in what will be a difficult season.

Division B, Round 2

Arabjoe defeats Pnbmathematics by checkmate. 

Tight game that completely swung when I managed to take your Queen by sacrificing my Bishop - after that I should have closed out the win, but made a few mis-moves and almost ending up losing it when I got my King into an awkward corner.

Just to confuse things because I wanted to make things easier, I've changed my chess.com username from roofterrace to N5_Spur

Division C, round 1

N5_Spur (was roofterrace) defeats StuSco1 by checkmate.  

A tight and dour game (I don't know any other way), really could have gone either way - I think changed when I put you in check and took your castle when you moved your king to safety.

Mackieboz beats Strachanovski by checkmate.

That was one of my proudest wins after blundering my queen early on. 

What is crazy is that the analysis gave you a "brilliant" move with the knight which helped me capture your queen?! 

GG, I that was a rollercoaster.

39 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Mackieboz beats Strachanovski by checkmate.

That was one of my proudest wins after blundering my queen early on. 

What is crazy is that the analysis gave you a "brilliant" move with the knight which helped me capture your queen?! 

GG, I that was a rollercoaster.

Well played mate, can't believe I lost that, that's about the highest % I've ever had, never had a 'brilliant' move either, looking forward to the return fixture.

Thank you.

Division C

XCTR beats Strachanovski by checkmate. Long game but I’m not used to the longer day turns so that’s to be expected; traded a lot of pawn material earlier on but that suited me allowing me to bring my pieces out to play fairly sharpish in the game.

It was a good game and Strachanovski definitely knows his chess by basically playing the best moves he could but ultimately losing his rooks cost him.

87f780a40605d2340d3346b0def256ce.jpg

3 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

@N5 Spur, when are you available to play for round 2?

If you fire off a game invite to him I'm sure he'll pick it up and get the game started.

You don't need to wait for one game to finish before starting another btw (Ziggy will be able to vouch for the ability to have multiple games on the go).

Incidentally @N5 Spur and @GallowayBlue it looks like your game was the wrong way round in terms of black/white - the home team plays as white. Unless Frank has a different view I'd suggest that you play the return fixture the opposite way to even it up when it's scheduled in a few weeks' time.