P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

38 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

el_scorgio v eindhovendee agree to the draw after a 17 day very slow epic. No chance that anything was going to give so happy to take a point.

Well played.

Happy to go out on that one, not sure I've played too many better even though I couldn't see a win. GG.

It appears to be worse than that. DearyMe should probably only be on 35 points and has to beat beef2711 to get to 38. (The League table mistake I alluded to earlier is that a game between board_stupid and DearyMe was double-reported and accidentally updated as such but only board_stupid's row in the table had a correction).
I make it:

Division A P W D L Pts
eindhovendee 15 11 2 2 35
DearyMe 15 11 2 2 35
Ziggy 16 9 4 3 31
GCarlos9 16 7 3 6 24
beef2711 15 6 1 8 19
AimHere 16 6 0 10 18
Board_Stupid 16 5 3 8 18
el_scorgio 15 3 3 9 12
Purplekangaroo89 16 3 0 13 9

With two matches to go:
beef2711 vs DearyMe
el_scorgio vs eindhovendee

So eindhovendee doesn’t win.

DearyMe needs to beat Beef2711 to pip him to the title.

Or have I missed that result?

Division A Result

Dearyme defeats Beef2711 by resignation.

There was a hint of good fortune with this one. Beefy went in for a tactic which on first glance looked pretty strong (forking a queen and rook) and solidifying a white Knight on c6.

However, I was able to win a pawn when countering and basically deflected the attack forcing the knight to retreat to capture my knight which was attacking his queen. I think in a case of shell shock Beefy then lost a whole Knight.

Thanks for the game Beefy. 👍

My last few games have been like this. I wouldn't say I've necessarily being in a great position but I've done just enough and my opponents have made a mistake allowing me to capitalise. It was the same against Ziggy & Craigkillie and others I'm sure I've forgotten about.

42 minutes ago, Loki said:

Not now. Congrats.  Now hurry up with your cup game so we can get the semi finals drawn 😃

The lads have been reminded not to take a holiday until our cup run is over. However, they are exuberant at winning the league so who knows.

It's a complex game this 960 stuff. I'm even slower at it!

Division A Result
Dearyme defeats Beef2711 by resignation.
There was a hint of good fortune with this one. Beefy went in for a tactic which on first glance looked pretty strong (forking a queen and rook) and solidifying a white Knight on c6.
However, I was able to win a pawn when countering and basically deflected the attack forcing the knight to retreat to capture my knight which was attacking his queen. I think in a case of shell shock Beefy then lost a whole Knight.
Thanks for the game Beefy. [emoji106]
My last few games have been like this. I wouldn't say I've necessarily being in a great position but I've done just enough and my opponents have made a mistake allowing me to capitalise. It was the same against Ziggy & Craigkillie and others I'm sure I've forgotten about.
Congratulations on the title!

Thought you were going to miss out again but, fair play, you hung in there!!

57 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Congratulations on the title!

Thought you were going to miss out again but, fair play, you hung in there!!

Yeah, after losing to eindhovendee twice I thought it was gone. Much in the same way as when I lost to you last season when a draw would have done me. 

34 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Congratulations, 

You’ll have to start supporting Dundee now.

Cheers, I'm pretty sure Eindhovendee turned me over in the first or second fixture this season and I did suggest he could go the whole way and win the title. At least I've stopped the pattern of Division A Champions being Dundee fans.

You're turn next season. Just stop playing so many games at once!

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Just stop playing so many games at once!

I’ve not entered any new tournaments so I’m down to 4 games just now………

but I’m through to the next round of two tournaments. So that’ll be another 40 games.

Madwullie Cup

Dearyme defeats gkneil by checkmate.

A lucky finish here as gkneil missed the mate. I was a couple of pawns up but it was a really bizarre position that we ended up in - as a consequence of the 960 setup. I ended up breaking through on the kingside first before gkneil came through on the queenside.