P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Cup game:

Beaten by Paakman01 by checkmate

Knew from the getgo I had a shite start, so much so my account got muted due to the expletives I was using in my attempted chats to Paakman to bemoan the fact I checkmated myself in less than 4 moves, fucking SHITE. Well played Paakman for seeing the jugular and going for it. Fucking hate 960.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Cup game:

Beaten by Paakman01 by checkmate

Knew from the getgo I had a shite start, so much so my account got muted due to the expletives I was using in my attempted chats to Paakman to bemoan the fact I checkmated myself in less than 4 moves, fucking SHITE. Well played Paakman for seeing the jugular and going for it. Fucking hate 960.

Thanks for the game, I did wonder why I couldn't reply to you in the chat!

Division A, Round 12

Eindhovendee channels his inner Deep Blue and strangles AimHere pretty much non-stop from the get-go. There's just 3 moves in this where the engine would have picked a different move from the one eindhovendee played.

AimHereVsEindhovendee.png.d1b98b46d57598357cd6c442969e6452.png

Eindhovendee beats AimHere by resignation.

Division B

pakkman01 beats pnbmathematics & purplekangaroo by resignation.

I tried a different opening against two players I've not had much success against before, seemed to do the trick. Both good games, thanks!

Division C

N5_Spur defeats The_kid1433 by checkmate. 

Tight game but my queen trapped the king on its file, with a bishop on the diagonal protecting the queen giving checkmate.

Nice game, thanks.

Just now, EvilScotsman said:

Division B - RBWatson is soundly beaten by both Dandies1983 and PLeslie999. Well played @Frank Grimes and @pleslie99, I didn't feel I was ever in either game.

For your delectation, I present.....

From here:

board.jpeg.ef84df4242240cf3ed81ab39a9de28c5.jpeg

To here in 2 moves:

board(1).jpeg.c46242b5c063f6f85157f10ae27916db.jpeg

Absolutely kicking myself as it was against a player rated 1379.

Thanks for the game. I'm delighted with how I played in that game tbh. I didnt think you played too badly and analysis seems to agree, i was up a Knight early but was a pretty tight position but me having more active pieces was the difference I thought.

N5_Spur defeats Strachanovski by checkmate.

Another close game, ending wildly with both players throwing check around like knighthoods to shit tory MPs. A combination of a well placed bishop and an attacking rook won the game.

Good game, thanks.

12 hours ago, EvilScotsman said:

Division B - RBWatson is soundly beaten by both Dandies1983 and PLeslie999. Well played @Frank Grimes and @pleslie99, I didn't feel I was ever in either game.

For your delectation, I present.....

From here:

board.jpeg.ef84df4242240cf3ed81ab39a9de28c5.jpeg

To here in 2 moves:

board(1).jpeg.c46242b5c063f6f85157f10ae27916db.jpeg

Absolutely kicking myself as it was against a player rated 1379.

That's a tough one. It's not uncommon to make two blunders in a row. The shock/tilt from thinking about the first blunder can cause you to not give enough thought to the next move. It happens to all of us.

Very similar to the old adage about buses.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Mackieboz defeats N5_Spur. GG, I think after I stole the rook it was one way traffic.

Indeed it was, I was going backwards from that point, and I was struggling with your aggressive play. Nicely done.

Cup Tie

board_stupid defeats GCarlos9 by resignation.

The good game, good game, w**k, w**k, good game, w**k pattern of the season continues with a couple of horrendous errors.

All the best to you in the cup and I hope you’re victorious.