P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Division C, Round 3:

markf268 defeats N5_Spur by checkmate.

Fairly even for a while but the more aggressive play of markf268 took over and won fairly easily, it must be said. Well played, Sir.

Division C

XCTR94 beats Mackieboz by checkmate.

Another great game, f**k knows how this is division C cause everyone I’ve played has been rock solid, with just being purely unlucky with the tiniest things. Thank you for the game chief.

09404d28b48a96d375dd916a75cbf467.jpg

Cheers for the game Sweeps. I'm raging at myself for that fork earlier. Between seasons that shit just doesn't happen, it's like Yogi's team train brilliantly then shit the bed once the real stuff starts.

Also, the kid beats mackieboz by a blunt instrument to the head.
I feel like we've played out that scenario before?!

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Cheers for the game Sweeps. I'm raging at myself for that fork earlier. Between seasons that shit just doesn't happen, it's like Yogi's team train brilliantly then shit the bed once the real stuff starts.

I thought you dodged the knight-queen-king fork the move prior but you moved your queen afterwards to I assume to fork my rook and knight but just forgot where your king was; like you said it was maybe just a bit too early in the morning! 😅

1 minute ago, pleslie99 said:

@invergowrie arab slaps pleslie99 about and wins by checkmate. 

Found myself in a bit of trouble and couldn't recover. Solid play there by my opponent. Totally missed the checkmate at the end too while I was too busy lining my own up 🤣 well played.

Apparently my last 4 moves were blunders.

I think we both had exact same game plan and it was just who could get there first. 

Good game 

Division B, Round 3

Purplekangaroo89 defeats Arabjoe by resignation. 

Decent game for about the first 3 moves, then in the space of about 4 moves I managed to throw away my Queen and a Knight - that completely swung the game (as it tends to do...) and I was circling the drain until I inevitably resigned.  After 0 blunders in the first two game weeks, I had 2 here - and Purplekangaroo89 won at a canter - well played!

Yeah thanks for the game. I was sure my queen was going when you chased me around with the Knight and Bishop, but an opertune check let me chase you a little.

Division A, Round 2

gkneil gets a couple of pawns ahead, but AimHere's knight sneakily locks two pieces in jail for a few turns and eventually swaps itself off for both of them, and the game is turned on it's head.

AimHere beats gkneil by resignation

7 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

My season can be summed up thus so far

60A471A1-68AF-4BF3-BDE3-FF358127196B.gif

Don't think I was too far away from this in our game (paakman01). I got your queen off the board early but you were eating all of my pawns and felt like it was only a matter of time until you got a rook or my queen from it. Thought I was heading for a second game getting my opponent's queen out early but still losing after doing it against Pleslie.

Do we need to bother posting the result of our games against you given you organise it all? Either way thanks for the game!