P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

19 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Sorry for the radio silence lads, it’s been a mad week or so

Have you commenced the play off?

And has the other semi been complete

New season will kick off in 2022 :) 

No. It’s still on going.  If you do the draw now though we can go straight to the final, once a victor emerges.   Currently on move 37 and I’m chasing him about trying not to give away a draw 😂

1 hour ago, Loki said:

No. It’s still on going.  If you do the draw now though we can go straight to the final, once a victor emerges.   Currently on move 37 and I’m chasing him about trying not to give away a draw 😂

You're doing a good job of it too. You're last 7 moves have all been checks. Soon to be 8 moves. I really shouldn't have pinched that pawn. 🤣

1 hour ago, Loki said:

That’s it’s now over.

Eindhoven wins by resignation.

A positional blunder in mid game takes it from an even game to a massacre.

Yes, made a huge differenced.

I had your Bishops trapped which meant you were playing 2 men down so was happy enough but that turned the game.

GG.

1 hour ago, GallowayBlue said:

I’m a bad player but trying to improve so would quite like to play next time if possible.

You just need to have a chess.com username and you can join the next season, not likely to start until the New Year. 

Even if you struggle to start with you’ll be a better player by the end of the season for sure.

• Frank Grimes changed the title to P&B Chess League - New Seasons on JANUARY 17th - get your name down now

Aiming to have Season 4 kick off on Monday January 17th

All the newbies who have expressed an interest in getting involved please reaffirm your interest over the next week or so, so I can start getting the leagues together 

Anyone who was in last season and wants to sit out this season let me know 

• Frank Grimes changed the title to P&B Chess League - New Season on JANUARY 17th - get your name down now
42 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Aiming to have Season 4 kick off on Monday January 17th

All the newbies who have expressed an interest in getting involved please reaffirm your interest over the next week or so, so I can start getting the leagues together 

Anyone who was in last season and wants to sit out this season let me know 

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Also, I think it was @FalkirkBairn2021, @G_&_T, and @GallowayBlue who expressed interest in joining. You guys still up for it?