P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Now into the latter stages of the season its become clear that my victory over @eindhovendee was the equivalent of the bairns triumph over celtic in the 1997 scottish cup semi final - jammy as f**k.  

Had I known the magnitude of this at the time the celebrations would have lasted a week.  I can only surmise he was on ketamine at the time.

18 minutes ago, the aggressive beggar said:

Beef2711 beats sav1876 cos sav's fucking shite at chess

Well played mate

I have already invited you for our league game if you didn’t get just invite me.

Ziggy, I have your challenge, but I'm abdomen deep in a friendly and have already challenged Ludo as that fixture appeared first. Once I finish this friendly, if ludo hasn't replied I'll play your challenge.

Sorry, but weeks one and two I thought I was a contender man, and took on three, four games at once, and got rightly destroyed, so I'm trying to keep concurrent games down as much as.poss.

Division B, Round 12, el_scorgio beats hammysgetinpumped by checkmate. 

Tough slog - very cagey early, thought I'd slipped up early after going a few pawns down, and whipped the queen out to remedy it. Got into the lead before the queen sacrifice, and used the piece advantage to tidy it up. GG.

No rush @keptie - got a fair few games to juggle this week n'all.

Just now, Scorge said:

Division B, Round 12, el_scorgio beats hammysgetinpumped by checkmate. 

Tough slog - very cagey early, thought I'd slipped up early after going a few pawns down, and whipped the queen out to remedy it. Got into the lead before the queen sacrifice, and used the piece advantage to tidy it up. GG.

No rush @keptie - got a fair few games to juggle this week n'all.

Good game sir.

P&B Premiership, Round 7: DiegoDiegoPB defeats Purplekangaroo89.

That game took months off my life. The first dozen or so moves were blitzed out and I managed to really hack away at Kanga's pawn structure. After that it was a pretty stressful grind. A few times I thought I'd dealt a killer blow but The 'Roo defended very well indeed. I chipped away and worked up a decent advantage so when PK got a bit of his own back as pieces were traded towards the endgame I was left with connected pawn majorities on both sides and it was impossible for his king to defend both. A really gruelling game for the most part. I've definitely earnt this beer. Tough for Purplekangaroo after putting in a great performance, I imagine I'd lose against him more often than not going by our two games.

1 minute ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Major brain fart renders interesting game into a hopeless one.

Ziggy 1-0 AH13STU

That was looking quite an interesting game. I'll commence our matchup after a day of recovery from my marathon.

1 hour ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Major brain fart renders interesting game into a hopeless one.

Ziggy 1-0 AH13STU

It was an interesting game. I thought you had the better of the opening, and I just sacrificed the exchange to try and avoid it getting worse.

I was cursing your blunder as well, it gets interesting if you had played  25....Nxd4 instead

I think I’m still winning  after 26. cxd4   Qxb2 but it took me a long time to work out how.

Thanks for the game.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

That was looking quite an interesting game. I'll commence our matchup after a day of recovery from my marathon.

No rush pal, whenever suits.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

It was an interesting game. I thought you had the better of the opening, and I just sacrificed the exchange to try and avoid it getting worse.

I was cursing your blunder as well, it gets interesting if you had played  25....Nxd4 instead

I think I’m still winning  after 26. cxd4   Qxb2 but it took me a long time to work out how.

Thanks for the game.

Yeah, that would've led towards an interesting endgame. Think you may have a slender advantage at that point, but not a lot in it. Not analyzed it thoroughly yet.

flamingalah01 v hammysgetinpumped . R13 Away win 

Bri1962 v flamingalah01 R14 Home win

Sorry I just can’t be stuffed going through the motions of pretending to play. Looking forward to end of the season and the side becoming defunct.

Elrohana beats eindhovendee in the cup - resignation.

That was probably my weakest game recently - 4 mistakes - one because I forgot the castling rules for 960 - that being said it still gave me a lead in terms of pieces so was not completely disastrous.

I got lucky later in that he went for the trade for the Queens - from that point I had the game - if he had not swapped off there was a good chance of either a much longer endgame or potentially stalemate.

Board set up was tough as well with the Queens stuck in the corner and Rooks either side of the King.

Screenshot_20210313_235005_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.214716a174ed2292a38e228fd4455bae.jpegScreenshot_20210313_235016_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.430fe96396845b5d3bdf80cc0328cbf6.jpeg

On 05/03/2021 at 12:17, Frank Grimes said:

Round 11

Arabjoe v NotThePars

Round 12

GordonEF v Arabjoe 

Apologies for the delay in updating - but @arab_joe defeated @NotThePars - it was a race to see who could get a pawn upgraded quicker, and I won out.  Good game.

My other game is ongoing... (although I'm down to 3 pieces and circling the drain). 

Edited by arab_joe