P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

9 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Division A

Ziggy_The_Spider defeats Board_stupid by resignation.

It was pretty even for the most part, but Ziggy was probably starting to get into a lead before I threw in a mistake or two which is all it takes at this level to prove decisive.

I think I was very lucky, in the early part of the middle game I was just trying to hold on.

Thanks for the game.

29 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

How do I get involved in P&B Chessing? I've been playing on Lichess last 6 months or so (I'm shite - 1450 or so)

We're on the last round of fixtures for this season, so if there's another, it'll be announced soon, in this thread. Watch this space and remember to say 'Let me play' if/when the announcement shows up.

1450 is around div A/B material here, so you'll do okay.

mackieboz beats paakman01 by checkmate. 

THAT was a hell of a game and although I had a narrow score advantage for a while, it felt like it could go either way. In the end, I think that was a huge blunder... maybe missed my rook on the king line? 

38 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

mackieboz beats paakman01 by checkmate. 

THAT was a hell of a game and although I had a narrow score advantage for a while, it felt like it could go either way. In the end, I think that was a huge blunder... maybe missed my rook on the king line? 

Huge blunders are always in my repertoire hence why I will sticking around in Division C!

Thanks for an excellent game, you managed your score advantage well and I found it difficult to get it back,

3 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

How do I get involved in P&B Chessing? I've been playing on Lichess last 6 months or so (I'm shite - 1450 or so)

In addition to Aim Here's advice if you get registered on chess.com then you'll be ready to go for next season. There's usually a short off season, but preseason friendlies should be available.

After getting a draw out of @Loki in the first half of the season I can report that normal service has been resumed in our second encounter.

I thought I had a chance of a lone pawn charging up the board, but was blinkered to the threat to my king. By the time I realised it was too late to save the situation.

Gcarlos9 defeats Board_stupid by checkmate.

On 25/10/2021 at 21:58, Frank Grimes said:

Division B, Round 18

Arabjoe v Strachanovski

I avenged my defeat in the reverse fixture with a win here, by resignation (but I think checkmate was guaranteed in a move or two).  There were only 3 points in the match until I managed to trap your King behind your Queen - after that I was in a pretty strong position and managed to get the win.  Good game.

Another great season in the books, thanks to @Frank Grimes for organising!  

Edited by arab_joe
Adding my thanks...

21 hours ago, the tungston weasel said:
On 30/10/2021 at 10:14, ShaggysBeard said:
cols407 beats the_kid1433 by resignation.

Thanks for the game I really enjoyed that one. I proberly should have resigned earlier but Thought I could get you to maby stumble into a draw at the end.

Every chance under a different control. Tough game, I thought I might be close to losing at one point. Please to have won an end game, was a big weakness last season and I lost a few I should have won.

cols407 beats LvivKarpaty by resignation.

League season over for me. Really good amount of improvement, 14 wins, a draw and three losses. 43 points and it still might not be enough. Still in the cup after a couple of wins against a Division A and Division B player. Very pleased.