P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Strachanovski loses to gkneil by checkmate, thought I had it, didn't notice the bishop.

Thank you.

Hard lines pal. I wasn’t sure if I was missing something to begin with but came to the conclusion you had another plan I couldn’t yet see or had missed the Bishop.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Never got a reply to challenge to Gordon for league game a week or two back and nothing for cup last week either.

Has he chucked it?

That’s 3 of us that are waiting on games and have had no response. Thinking he must have….

AH13STU grinds markf268 down to a win by resignation, completing the double over me for the season.

Sign of how the game went that the analysis says I made no blunders, had a reasonable (for me) accuracy and was still never really in with a chance.

1 hour ago, true_rover said:

AH13STU grinds markf268 down to a win by resignation, completing the double over me for the season.

Sign of how the game went that the analysis says I made no blunders, had a reasonable (for me) accuracy and was still never really in with a chance.

Definitely agree that I had to grind you down. You played pretty solid for most part. Cheers.

At the top level you don't just need reasonable accuracy but little or no accuracy errors.

Division B

Invergowrie beats Strachanovski by checkmate.

Even game in the first 25 moves and I had to go backwards a lot. I had no real plan so decided on a punt up the park to see if I could disguise wanting your pawn moved as an attack on your queen and it worked otherwise who knows.

7 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Division B

Invergowrie beats Strachanovski by checkmate.

Even game in the first 25 moves and I had to go backwards a lot. I had no real plan so decided on a punt up the park to see if I could disguise wanting your pawn moved as an attack on your queen and it worked otherwise who knows.

Another soul destroying defeat.

Thank you.