P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Ziggy beats el_scorgio by resignation & I’m not sure why. boredom? scared of en passant?

The game was tough going, Absolutely nothing in it right to the end.

Very well played (til you chucked it)

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Ziggy beats el_scorgio by resignation & I’m not sure why. boredom? scared of en passant?

Not for the first time, lost my train of thought and missed it. I offered the draw just beforehand because I saw no way of winning, and threw in the towel after that cock up because I knew you'd eventually get through. I think this league is gradually breaking me TBH. gg. 

Edited by Scorge

gkneil draws with AH13STU.

After 5 absolute pumpings since the league started up we've finally taken something. The lads are in tears.

Thought I'd given it away when offering the draw and indeed I did according to analysis. But by far my best showing against him.

On 04/10/2021 at 14:26, Frank Grimes said:

Round 13

Arabjoe v AH13STU 

Division B, Round 13

Arabjoe beats AH13STU by checkmate.

Good game - not really sure how I managed that, but somehow put enough pressure on your Queen with my Knight that my Queen was allowed me to sneak in for the win.

Back-to-back wins to get my season back on track, and possibly even better if my loss to NotThePars is wiped from the memory books if he resigns from the league...

Draw v gkneil 

Had a a hand in being slightly better early doors then lost my way and relieved to take a draw. Well played

Win v Dandies1983 

Pretty comfortable afternoon for the boys. Cheers.

Lost v arabjoe 

Really poor performance but credit to the opposition. 1st defeat hard to take but the manor of how was more disappointing. Well played.

27 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Seeing as both my games finished in double quick time this week. I'm up for any friendlies if anyone is sitting on their hands. Pleslie999 is my chess username 

I’ll play you twice once as each colour

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

DieHardDoonhamer and cols407 draw by repetition. A game we're probably both disappointed not to win but thankful not to lose. Good game.

ETA: just looked at the analysis. I fucked it.

Yep, pleased to get out with a draw.

Good game.

17 hours ago, Scorge said:

Not for the first time, lost my train of thought and missed it. I offered the draw just beforehand because I saw no way of winning, and threw in the towel after that cock up because I knew you'd eventually get through. I think this league is gradually breaking me TBH. gg. 

I didn’t see the draw offer, I had been considering offering one for ages as I didn’t think I had any sensible way of trying to win

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Division B

Invergowrie and @gkneil call it a day after 48 moves. 

I did have one missed win where, had I played it, it was mate in only 52 moves so annoying not to have spotted it. 

ETA a draw in case that's unclear 

Massive escape after I made 2 colossal blunders near the end with my Bishop. A game of absolute nonsense.