P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Between work and my wife's illness I've struggled to fit games in at times.

Likely to be my last season as I'll be focusing on her road to recovery.

Sorry to hear that mate. Wishing you both well.

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

In the madwullie scottish cup Board_stupid defeats @NotTheParsby unashamed mugging.

Although top marks for mind games when I got a notification of a move played  seconds after McGregor scored.

I was fucking steaming doing like 6 mind bending things at once

Sorry to hear that mate. Wishing you both well.
Thanks.

It's been tough for her - she got diagnosed with breast cancer at her start of December.

She had her operation on Christmas Eve only to find out 4 weeks later they had completely missed the cancer and left in the metal clip that marked the cancer. The one positive was that her lymph nodes were clear.

She had surgery again in April - successful this time and had her radiotherapy last week - she's got to take tamoxifen for the next 5 years (and all the side effects that has).

All that and losing her job at Debenhams at the end of February - and still managing to get a new job and start it 4 weeks ago.

She knows I've been playing chess as a bit of an escape - especially during lockdown - but with things opening up and her only working 3 days a week I really should be out and about with her enjoying ourselves - not stuck to my phone.

I appreciate all the effort Frank's made but that will be me after I get these final 3 games out the way.

Thanks to everyone.

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

You better start sandbagging because I'm pretty sure 2nd gets promoted too. 🤪

I know, I still have a chance of finishing third. Then I can do a Brora in the play-off.

[Just to be clear, there's no way I'd disrespect my opponents enough to play less than my best or do anything to give off the slightest idea that, when they beat me, it was anything other than a fair game.]

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Sorry to hear that bud, I'd much rather be getting rag-dolled by you than hear that! Hope everything goes well and we'll see you back in better times.

My sister-in-law had breast cancer about 7 years ago, she was running a shop at the time and she tried to keep working through everything. She's ended up all clear but with chronic fatigue, which she possibly caused by trying to do far too much when she wasn't up to it. Now she struggles to do 16 hours a week in a garden centre. Looks like you've got your priorities right👍

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I am tempted to pass the reigns next season :lol:

Have really struggled to dedicate time to this season 

I don't think I could cope with all of it every week, my work is very up-and-down, but could it be split with one person doing fixtures and another other doing results? A third running the cup?

Sorry to hear that bud, I'd much rather be getting rag-dolled by you than hear that! Hope everything goes well and we'll see you back in better times.
My sister-in-law had breast cancer about 7 years ago, she was running a shop at the time and she tried to keep working through everything. She's ended up all clear but with chronic fatigue, which she possibly caused by trying to do far too much when she wasn't up to it. Now she struggles to do 16 hours a week in a garden centre. Looks like you've got your priorities right[emoji106]
She's has fatigue this week - thankfully her job is only part-time - 21 hours over 3 days - in a charity shop - a lot less high pressure than her old job.

Her new employer is fully aware of her condition and, like many in that sector, very supportive of her.

I've been very lapsed this season what with touring and hooring in a new city but I would be happy to do something in the organisation like collating the results. Do like just collating shite like that even if it means noting my brutal beatings on a weekly basis.

Also all the best to the better half @DeeTillEhDeh. Feels like the site's taken a beating recently in good members and the loves of their lives being delivered shite news. Hopefully it all works out and you can be back on here smashing everyone to the extent that the host site's banning you for implausible muggings.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

She's has fatigue this week - thankfully her job is only part-time - 21 hours over 3 days - in a charity shop - a lot less high pressure her old job.

Her new employer fully aware and, like many in that sector, very supportive of her.

Good to hear.

It was a charity shop that my sister-in-law ran, unfortunately her volunteers and staff were pretty useless and couldn't run the place without her. The charity (I'll not name them) were only sympathetic in theory - if the shop wasn't functioning, she was getting no income and they'd have taken the shop off her.

It's so much easier to deal with illness when you don't have other things to worry about at the same time, so I'm pleased your missus has a good employer.

15 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Best wishes mate! 

Round 20 - Div A.

Ziggy beats PnB Mathematics by resignation.

I was able to win a piece quite early in the opening which allowed me to simplify into a clearly won endgame.

Thanks for the games Mathematics (and for volunteering to complete the numbers in Div A) I hope you are still enjoying the games.