P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

@Frank Grimes

I think you have an extra draw in for me. My results are 10W, 2L & 3D 33 points

Losses were Elrohan & Beef2711

Draws were Elrohan, Beef2711 & ChessBassGuitar.

Edit - I've put my chess.com results as a screenshot and hidden the non P&B league results below.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210621-164253_Chess.thumb.jpg.eddb7735efb7a63314d24474e9b4d0f9.jpg 

Some results there? Unreal consistency?

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:
Division A
P
W
L
D
Pts
Elrohan
Dearyme
beef2711
ChessBassGuitar
Ziggy
GordonEF
Purplekangaroo89
AH13STU
Bri1962
gkneil
PnBMathematics

Round 19

beef2711 v AH13STU 

PnB Mathematics v gkneil 

Purplekangaroo89 v GordonEF 

Dearyme v Ziggy_The_Spider

Chess Bass Guitar v bri1962

Round 20

gkneil v Elrohana

AH13STU v Purplekangaroo89 

Ziggy_The_Spider v PnB Mathematics 

GordonEF v Chess Bass Guitar 

Bri1962 v Dearyme 

I've got two games outstanding from last week, but I'm now wondering if I'm also missing one - any chance you know who it's against?

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I'd fucked it and it was only a matter of time before you got the checkmate. Good game.

A very difficult game to start with the way the pieces were placed screwed you from the start.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

A very difficult game to start with the way the pieces were placed screwed you from the start.

Yeah, I very rarely play this format. I had a slow start to my first round game because the placement of the pieces threw me off a bit.

Deserved win for you though. You not only skelp me in normal chess, but in this format too.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:
Division B
P
W
L
D
Pts
GCarlos9
Board_Stupid
eindhovendee
Strachanovski
Arabjoe
RicheyEdwards
Cardinalrichie
NotThePars
hammysgp
topcateh3

Round 19

Strachanovski v Arabjoe 

Cardinalrichie v Board_Stupid

topcateh3 v NotThePars

hammysgetinpumped v eindhovendee 

Round 20

Arabjoe v CardinalRichie 

NotThePars v GCarlos9

Board_Stupid v hammysgetinpumped 

eindhovendee v topcateh3 

Dundee derby six pointer.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Some results there? Unreal consistency?

10 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses may sound impressively consistent but I am significantly stronger than half of the field. So favourite to score heavily in 60% of my games. The top 40% is trickier.

To demonstrate my point - I'm currently 3.5/7 (2 wins, 3 draws & 2 defeats) against the others in the top 5.  Whilst I am 8/8 (8 wins) against the bottom 6.

Edited by Trogdor

20 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I know [mention=36704]gkneil[/mention] is down as white but I vaguely remember that we screwed up last time and ended up playing his white game instead - can anyone confirm?

I can confirm that you made about 3 attempts to start the last game, each time with me as white (as opposed to Black as per Frank's fixture list). We then just played that as it was (me white) and I made a request to Frank to have the next fixture as me as Black.

I've a couple of other games going right now, 1 of which won't last much longer. I'll send an invite with me as black to your latest account in the next day or so I expect.

On 15/05/2021 at 08:36, gkneil said:

Just a heads up @Frank Grimes so you can take a note for the next fixture but Me and @DeeTillEhDeh have a game set up with me playing white (home), as opposed to me being black (away) as per the fixture.

we’ll just play how we’re set up.

Just double checked to be sure. @Frank Grimes we'll be playing me as black and @DeeTillEhDeh as white for this round

Edited by gkneil

6 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

GordonEF pummels AH13STU into submission.

Fairly tight early stages before black began to crank up the pressure. Once again white couldn't really be bothered getting out of their own half and tried parking the bus but to no avail.

Well played EF.

Cheers. I swung wildly from thinking I had you to then thinking I'd fucked it up and then back to seeing I probably had you. I played Bxe3 thinking you'd take my Queen with your Rook after I took yours with mine, leaving me to take your Bishop and put you in check. Then I noticed you could just take with the Bishop instead, leaving me with a Rook and Knight and worse pawn structure versus your Rook and Bishop. Complete tunnel vision from me that almost cost me. Luckily Qxe3 got me out of it.

I can confirm that you made about 3 attempts to start the last game, each time with me as white (as opposed to Black as per Frank's fixture list). We then just played that as it was (me white) and I made a request to Frank to have the next fixture as me as Black.
I've a couple of other games going right now, 1 of which won't last much longer. I'll send an invite with me as black to your latest account in the next day or so I expect.
Thanks - no rush for me - only the one game this week.

On 21/06/2021 at 16:17, Aim Here said:

At the risk of causing GordonS even more anguish in a short space of time, are you sure that he's played 18 games? At the end of Round 18, everybody should have played at most 16 or 17, since we only play 10 games in rounds 1-11, and we only play 6 or 7 in the next 7 rounds. Also I reckon this phantom game was a win, since he lost his game against me in Round 18 and I was 3 points clear of him before then.

No anguish here - I know I don't belong in the same division as people who talk about scripting up snakes on their Papua New Guinea or something so anything that maintains my dream of staying in this seaside league suits me fine.

On 11/06/2021 at 10:06, Frank Grimes said:
Division C
P
W
L
D
Pts
AimHere
GordonS496
invergowrie
markf268
pleslie999
mackieboz
Johnnydun418
Dandies1983
RBWatson
cols407
DieHardDoonhamer

Round 17

markf268 v AimHere

cols407 v pleslie999

GordonS496 v Johnnydun418 

DieHardDoonhamer v invergowrie 

mackieboz v Dandies1983

Round 18

pleslie999 v RBWatson

AimHere v GordonS496 

invergowrie v cols407

Johnnydun418 v mackieboz

Dandies1983 v DieHardDoonhamer 

I beat Johnnydun418 and lost to AimHere, so I should be on P17 W12 L4 D1 Pts37. I've checked through my completed standard daily games on my stats and that matches up. @Frank Grimes I'm happy to give you a hand bringing these up to date, I'm sure you're busier than I am.

Division A result

Dearyme beats gkneil by resignation. 

A mistake by gkneil allowed me to win a knight for a pawn after 12 moves. It was fairly one way traffic from there but gkneil went for a decent try to mate me with Queen and Bishop. I moved my Bishop to parry the attack and missed a win in the process according to the analysis. 

Good game, it was shaping up for a good slog until the knight fell.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

...anything that maintains my dream of staying in this seaside league suits me fine.

You better start sandbagging because I'm pretty sure 2nd gets promoted too. 🤪

Edited by Trogdor

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

No anguish here - I know I don't belong in the same division as people who talk about scripting up snakes on their Papua New Guinea or something so anything that maintains my dream of staying in this seaside league suits me fine.

I beat Johnnydun418 and lost to AimHere, so I should be on P17 W12 L4 D1 Pts37. I've checked through my completed standard daily games on my stats and that matches up. @Frank Grimes I'm happy to give you a hand bringing these up to date, I'm sure you're busier than I am.

I am tempted to pass the reigns next season :lol:

Have really struggled to dedicate time to this season