P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

DieHardDoonhamer beats RBWatson by resignation.

Dominated, nearly fucked it up, got away with it.

2 wins on the bounce. #scenes.

Screenshot_20210607-214151.thumb.jpg.6e2ce148c9b1c680c5d57afcb5c4658b.jpg

I just took the same screenshot; weirdly, my analysis is different. Can anyone explain?

Anyway, I think that game deserved a bigger stage than the foot of Div. C - unfortunately that's where I seem to be stuck!

GG.

Screenshot_20210607-214322_Firefox.png

1 hour ago, EvilScotsman said:

I just took the same screenshot; weirdly, my analysis is different. Can anyone explain?

Weird, when I click it, I get the same analysis and scores as die hard doonhamer. See below:

Screenshot_20210607-232143_Chess.jpg

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Weird, when I click it, I get the same analysis and scores as die hard doonhamer. See below:

I get the same as DoonHamer and you - the 80.8/72.6 scores. One possibility is that it's that RBWatson has a subscription and the rest of us don't and he gets a fancier version of stockfish to go with it - or it could be that RBWatson's analysis screen was the first one shown and the engine hadn't completely finished processing it. I have had annotations change slightly after some time before. (I do see that RBWatson took his screenshot a couple of minutes after Doonhamer, but the app/webpage may have rendered in the opposite order from the order the screenies were taken).

8 hours ago, Aim Here said:

I get the same as DoonHamer and you - the 80.8/72.6 scores. One possibility is that it's that RBWatson has a subscription and the rest of us don't and he gets a fancier version of stockfish to go with it - or it could be that RBWatson's analysis screen was the first one shown and the engine hadn't completely finished processing it. I have had annotations change slightly after some time before. (I do see that RBWatson took his screenshot a couple of minutes after Doonhamer, but the app/webpage may have rendered in the opposite order from the order the screenies were taken).

As you say, it must not have been finished the analysis as I'm now seeing the 80.8/72.6 scores when I go back in.

Elrohan beats PurpleKangaroo89 - checkmate.

I was behind early on after a couple of daft mistakes - the ones where you move and then realise seconds later that you've mucked up.

Hauled myself back into it - looked like it was heading for a draw until my opponent did the move below (see middle diagram) - he missed that I had not castled queenside.

I almost threw it away with a brainfart blunder at the end (see bottom diagram) - missed win - but another mistake by my opponent allowed me to get my Knight into support the queen for mate.

Another enjoyable game.Screenshot_20210608-101607_Chess.jpgScreenshot_20210608-101738_Chess.jpgScreenshot_20210608-102210_Chess.jpg

23 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Are you ready for our league game?

Just to say you'll need to challenge me as it won't let me because of "vacation"

Edited by 101

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

@GordonS you have my full apologies. It was a thought exercise

What is it you're apologising for? It presumably went right over my head!

Anyway, Division C Round 15 (IIRC), GordonS496 beats invergowrie. Having lost two games recently while trying to be all tactical and canny, this week I decided to get wired in. I thought my initial assault might have been held off but the pawn advantage was pretty big and told in the end.

Just now, GordonS said:

What is it you're apologising for? It presumably went right over my head!

Anyway, Division C Round 15 (IIRC), GordonS496 beats invergowrie. Having lost two games recently while trying to be all tactical and canny, this week I decided to get wired in. I thought my initial assault might have been held off but the pawn advantage was pretty big and told in the end.

I should have resigned ages ago. I just wanted to see if I could engineer a stalemate but too much space down the side to make it work 

6 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I was behind early on after a couple of daft mistakes - the ones where you move and then realise seconds later that you've mucked up.

There must be a word in German for the feeling when you've analysed a move, taken your turn, and then within seconds realised you've made a roaring arse of it.

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

I should have resigned ages ago. I just wanted to see if I could engineer a stalemate but too much space down the side to make it work 

I could see you were trying to shitfest your way to a stalemate, and you'll get no complaints from me for that. I'm not good enough to consider it an insult. If anything I'm grateful for the practice because I've handed opponents accidental stalemates before.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

[mention]Uncle Psychosis[/mention] (ChessBassGuitar) - you've less than 3 hours left to move in our match.

His work is pretty manic just now. I'm moving more slowly than I might do otherwise to help him out in our game.

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I'm on a rotten run of form so anyone fancy a friendly before the next round of games hit me up. Chess.com name is pleslie999

I've lost 5 in a row so I've sent you a challenge. At least one of us will stop the rot.

54 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

I've lost 5 in a row so I've sent you a challenge. At least one of us will stop the rot.

Unless you draw/stalemate!!

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

There must be a word in German for the feeling when you've analysed a move, taken your turn, and then within seconds realised you've made a roaring arse of it.

There is a global word......TWAT.