P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Not surprised. You chased my King round that much the poor fucker is getting treatment from the physio.

Says he's going to stop smoking 🚬

I knew from the moment when we exchanged queens that it was going to be a long game.

You saw the game out better than I did. For all the king chasing that I did, it was a big ask to deliver a checkmate with the pieces that I had. I made a few poor decisions that cost me pieces that would have come in useful at that point.

A deserved win. Good luck in your other games. 

28 minutes ago, madwullie said:

@Frank Grimes & chessbassguitar. @Uncle Psychosis

My dad is in hospital and he's taken a turn for the worse sadly. I probably shouldn't have pitched in to the cup as something like this was pretty likely to happen, but I was missing the smell of the board. 

I'm not going to be able to play my match properly so I'll have to resign. Sorry for fucking things up a bit 🙏 🤝 

Hopefully you’re both okay soon.

10 minutes ago, Loki said:

GCarlos9 defeats JohnnyDun418 in the First Round of the cup.

A sneaky en passant pawn swipe assists the win.

Good game mate. Yes that was a very Mortal Kombat 'Finish him' move. Played!

Division C, Round 13

AimHere beats invergowrie with a  king-hunt checkmate, somewhat spoiled by the coup de grâce being delivered by the queen, instead of a pawn, as the engine analysis rightly suggests.

Edited by Aim Here

5 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Division C, Round 13

AimHere beats invergowrie with a  king-hunt checkmate, somewhat spoiled by the coup de grâce being delivered by the queen, instead of a pawn, as the engine analysis rightly suggests.

Good game mate. No let up. I only made one mistake the whole game (and one blunder but you were already mate in 2 by then) but it was foot on the throat stuff from the off.

Moving knight off to A rank is just shit chess and i missed that we could have just exchanged quite happily.

13 hours ago, madwullie said:

My dad is in hospital and he's taken a turn for the worse sadly. I probably shouldn't have pitched in to the cup as something like this was pretty likely to happen, but I was missing the smell of the board. 

I'm not going to be able to play my match properly so I'll have to resign. Sorry for fucking things up a bit 🙏 🤝 

Hey, all the best for your old man. Hope he makes a recovery. 🙏

On 26/05/2021 at 22:49, Frank Grimes said:

ITS THE BETH HARMON SCOTTISH CUP 1st ROUND

Arabjoe v GordonS496 

GordonS496 won this one at a canter (if that) - 960 definitely not my forte... 3 pieces blundered in 3 moves and it was time to throw in the towel.

Good luck in the next round, Gordon!

19 hours ago, madwullie said:

No need to apologise wullie

All the best to you and yours 

Div A - no idea what round it was but Ziggy beats gkneil.

I’ve been getting a bit bored playing d5 in response to d4 so decided to play the Benko Gambit. 

Fairly typical Benko, white ‘wins’ a pawn but has to be careful as black gets quick development, clear lines and can trap whites king in the centre.

gkneil wasn’t careful enough.

Thanks for the game.

1 hour ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Div A

ChessBassGuitar and GordonEF draw by repetition. 

Frustrating endgame, had a monster passed pawn but my king wasn't safe enough to make it count so had to settle for a draw. Good game though, enjoyed it 

Yeah, really tough game but enjoyed it. Feel pretty happy with the the draw as I thought I'd struggle to stop you promoting near the end. Like you say though, your King vulnerability gave me that wee chance and once I finally figured out how to get my bishop onto a diagonal that threatened your king and your passed pawn it got me back in it.

Beth Harmon Scottish Cup result:

Mackieboz beats Strachanovski by checkmate as the plucky underdogs snatch a win. Good game mate, I love the wild set up and the fact you quickly saw a chance to steal a piece or two with your knight at the start.

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Beth Harmon Scottish Cup result:

Mackieboz beats Strachanovski by checkmate as the plucky underdogs snatch a win. Good game mate, I love the wild set up and the fact you quickly saw a chance to steal a piece or two with your knight at the start.

Thanks, enjoyed that as well, until I got caught at the end with the sucker punch!😀

Scottish Cup result.

@gkneil beats pleslie999 by checkmate.

A wild game, I had no idea what I was doing in the opening but thought I came out of it ok and was doing pretty well until a few blunders. Looking at the analysis I had the chance to win it somewhere in the middle. Anyone looking at that game it was blunder central by both of us for a bit, mine just ended up a bit more costly 🤣

Good game, beaten by the better player in the end.

14 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Scottish Cup result.

@gkneil beats pleslie999 by checkmate.

A wild game, I had no idea what I was doing in the opening but thought I came out of it ok and was doing pretty well until a few blunders. Looking at the analysis I had the chance to win it somewhere in the middle. Anyone looking at that game it was blunder central by both of us for a bit, mine just ended up a bit more costly 🤣

Good game, beaten by the better player in the end.

Tremendous mess of a game. Good to end my run of about 11 or 12 straight losses 🤣

Beef 2711 beats PnB Mathematics by checkmate.

Good game, early f pawn push left his king exposed and I landed a full rook up, before going even further ahead. He battled on gamely, but eventually succumbed.

Good game m8.