P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

40 minutes ago, Loki said:

Last season’s Division C was an exceptionally difficult league with three of the teams likely to be in Division A next season.  GParsfan was also a really good player also.

Is that your way of saying I only finished second this season because the division was a skoosh? 😉

My first two matches in the first season were against beef2711 and eindhovendee, which made me think I had made a terrible mistake signing up for this. Thankfully I soon found folk more at my level.

This season, AimHere is on that sort of level and deservedly romped the league. He could go straight through Division B. The stand-out feature this season down in the basement division is the improvement in the general standard - folk that were fairly straightforward to beat with routine chess first time round are now really difficult opponents and simple lures don't work any more. Make a bad mistake against anyone and you're almost certainly going down.

Is that your way of saying I only finished second this season because the division was a skoosh? [emoji6]
My first two matches in the first season were against beef2711 and eindhovendee, which made me think I had made a terrible mistake signing up for this. Thankfully I soon found folk more at my level.
This season, AimHere is on that sort of level and deservedly romped the league. He could go straight through Division B. The stand-out feature this season down in the basement division is the improvement in the general standard - folk that were fairly straightforward to beat with routine chess first time round are now really difficult opponents and simple lures don't work any more. Make a bad mistake against anyone and you're almost certainly going down.
AimHere will be Division A winner the season after next - unless he gets fast-tracked - my place is up for grabs now.

I don’t if my opponent has already mentioned it but I defeated  gkneil by resignation in my last game of the season.

I think that means I’ll finish in 3rd or 4th overall. It was a bit of a meh season, have to do better next season.

AimHere will be Division A winner the season after next - unless he gets fast-tracked - my place is up for grabs now.
Scared off by my progress through the divisions, eh?

Hope to see you back someday, I learned a lot about positional play from getting strangled by you.

On 04/07/2021 at 12:04, arab_joe said:

Arabjoe beats hammysgetinpumped by checkmate.

Not much in the game, at all, but I managed to get my Queen into a dangerous spot that ruffled feathers and allowed me to get the win.  Good game.

That is my final game of the season - thank you @Frank Grimes for organising another excellent seasona; bring on the next one!!

Good game and confirms my relegation. The boys have been released as we build back better.

Right, as things stand 

Divsion A

Champion - Elrohan 👏🏻 
Relegation play off - TBC
Relegated - gkneil & PnB Mathematics 

Division B

Champion - GCarlos 👏🏻
Promoted - Board_Stupid

Promotion play off - eindhovendee 

Relegation play off - TBC

Relegated - hammysgetinpumped & one other TBC

Division C

Champion - AimHere 👏🏻
Promoted - GordonS496 

Promotion play off - TBC

21 hours ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Very unlucky as you had the edge in this one until the error.

Delighted with the win mind as I've been utter dogshit for weeks now. Just can't seem to see the patterns atm. Looking forward to the end of the season.

Tbh, thought this may have ended drawn. Think I'm going to have to start setting a proper board up as I somehow can't visualise things as good on screen.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

MADWULLIE SCOTTISH CUP 1/4 FINAL

Remember lads, as always, it’s 960 chess

ChessBassGuitar v Board_Stupid

eindhovendee v GCarlos9

Dearyme v gkneil

AimHere v Bri1962

Good luck!

Good luck to my fellow diddy leaguers for the rest of the tournament@Loki @eindhovendee @Aim Here I've got a feeling my cup run is going to come to an abrupt halt.

Good luck to @Trogdoras well, because of outright tribalism.

@eindhovendee I am on annual leave this week, so I’ll be busy rather than just procrastinating at work.

I’ll send you an invite now, but it may only be one or two moves a day.  Should be clear to move at my normal pace towards the end of the week.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Forgot there was promotion playoffs. Maybe I shouldn't have had an end of season collapse 

It’s the Dundee United way.

An end of season win over DieHardDoonhamer in Division C by checkmate. Game that swung about a bit but did miss a chance to finish it off a little earlier than I did. Good game.

Just the one game to finish for the season to me against cols407 - into a tight end game.

Division C Round 21

RBWatson beats Johnnydun418 by checkmate.

The run of 14(?) straight defeats has been ended; I'm delighted to get the monkey off my back before the end of the season. Doubt it'll be enough to lift me out of the wooden spoon position mind you.

GG

An end of season win over DieHardDoonhamer in Division C by checkmate. Game that swung about a bit but did miss a chance to finish it off a little earlier than I did. Good game.

Just the one game to finish for the season to me against cols407 - into a tight end game.
And finished with a win over cols407 by a long grinding down of wills. A game that could have went either way - certainly the game report on my side showed some blunders that could have sent it the other way.