P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Probably invented by somecunt who was shite at chess so had to make up random pieces that can do wacky moves.

So it was you?

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
16 hours ago, johnnydun said:
Yes mate, I am sorry. I have been woefully slow of late due to work, still going on with [mention=27442]Stellaboz[/mention]

You can resign if you like, I would happily take a default win.

I have went Ba's oot and playing 3 games at once!

Division C, Round 19

mackieboz put in a good showing and was on track for an endgame in an only-slightly-inferior position when he disappointingly forgot my pawn was threatening his queen...

If I'm right, that's me mathematically assured of the Division C trophy, so I'm expecting a guard of honour in next week's games!

AimHere beats mackieboz by resignation

Division C, Round 19
mackieboz put in a good showing and was on track for an endgame in an only-slightly-inferior position when he disappointingly forgot my pawn was threatening his queen...
If I'm right, that's me mathematically assured of the Division C trophy, so I'm expecting a guard of honour in next week's games!
AimHere beats mackieboz by resignation
Another defeat in a sequence that would have Brechin fans laughing.

Ach well, well played sir.

11 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Division B, Board_stupid defeats @Cardinal Richelieu by checkmate.

It was all very tentative until an opportunity for a swift strike brought all the fun to an abrupt end.

Well done mate. I wondered why the game had disappeared suddenly from the list!

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

24 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And just to complete my Cardinal capitulation, just resigned to Arabjoe. Should have done it about 100 turns ago. 

Good game - I thought you had the upper hand at the start, then as we traded off pieces my pawns were marginally easier to get across the board.  But I definitely wouldn't say an earlier resignation would have been sensible - I have lost from far stronger positions!

(Game was Division B, Round 20)

Two results 

Madwullie Cup

ChessBassGuitar beats PurpleKangaroo89 

My first 'proper' game of 360. I'd read that getting an early attack in can work wonders and this was certainly the case here. Its very hard to defend when all your pieces are stuck on the wrong side of the board! 

Div A

ChessBassGuitar beats Ziggy_The_Spider

A strange game, think Ziggy resigned a wee bit early to be honest. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to continue. Was intrigued by a few of your moves - why did you take on d4 with the rook and not the Bishop? And did you mean to sac the knight on f4? That one had me scratching my head. 

Elrohana beats gkneil - resignation - 8pts up and I was going to queen my passed pawn.

My opponent will admit that he lost the game early on with pieces given away cheaply - both bishops (see below).

It was a matter then of picking off a few pawns and then swapping off the queens and rooks.

Final board at the bottom.Screenshot_20210627-203710_Chess.jpgScreenshot_20210627-203855_Chess.jpgScreenshot_20210627-204331_Chess.jpg

12 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Elrohana beats gkneil - resignation - 8pts up and I was going to queen my passed pawn.

My opponent will admit that he lost the game early on with pieces given away cheaply - both bishops (see below).

It was a matter then of picking off a few pawns and then swapping off the queens and rooks.

Final board at the bottom.Screenshot_20210627-203710_Chess.jpgScreenshot_20210627-203855_Chess.jpgScreenshot_20210627-204331_Chess.jpg

As you said, 2 very poorly chosen moves early doors were punished and it was just a matter of time. As expected, no errors from your good self and the writing was on the wall.

As you said, 2 very poorly chosen moves early doors were punished and it was just a matter of time. As expected, no errors from your good self and the writing was on the wall.
My biggest concern was my rook trapped behind my King - once I moved the King out it made things a lot easier.