P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

@eindhovendee destroyed Invergowrie I'm the cup.

However I'm now worried there May be widespread collusion and cheating amongst Dundee fans and I'm taking legal advice 

I recommend a Mr Giovanni Di Stefano. 😉

I don't think I destroyed you, I don't really like the format, its taken me a few weeks to get back into normal chess and I get confused playing 960.

With our game I don't think I did anything spectacular, it just opened up for me and at one point I couldn't decide in what order I would take all your pieces, I even missed a win but I couldn't tell you what I did well.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That's a win for AimHere in the cup. It's not actually happened yet, but given the rate at which he's zooming around the board hoovering up my pieces, it's only a matter of time. 

This is you with the mindgames again, is it? Declaring a loss before the game's over, so that I'll be overconfident and blunder a queen! I know your tricks!

Edit: For the avoidance of doubt, the game is now over. AimHere beat CardinalRichie in the cup by a fairly quick resignation.

Edited by Aim Here

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

This is you with the mindgames again, is it? Declaring a loss before the game's over, so that I'll be overconfident and blunder a queen! I know your tricks!

Edit: For the avoidance of doubt, the game is now over. AimHere beat CardinalRichie in the cup by a fairly quick resignation.

That's some next level mind games.

9 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I got a message from Chess.com saying that one of my opponents had been cheating and they bumped my daily grade up by 40 points.

If you lost some games to Ludo, that would likely do it.

Scottish Cup Round 1 Result

Dearyme beats cols407 by checkmate. A bit bizarre this game. I felt I was comfortable but ended up being a bit slack and if cols407 had one more move I could have been mated. As it was I had a mating attack myself.

Good game mate, surprised you're not having more success in Division C. Stick at it and it'll come good.

960 really is quite bizarre. Work to be done in this format for me. The boys will be back on the training ground tomorrow. Although we'll be back to league action and the league remains the club's priority.

Elrohana beats Ziggy - checkmate.

There was a spell where it could have gone either way. Ziggy was down pieces so went on an all-out attack on my King that was close to succeeding - I did have an escape route fortunately.

Here's the board at that point.Screenshot_20210527-210536_Chess.jpg

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Scottish Cup Round 1 Result

Dearyme beats cols407 by checkmate. A bit bizarre this game. I felt I was comfortable but ended up being a bit slack and if cols407 had one more move I could have been mated. As it was I had a mating attack myself.

Good game mate, surprised you're not having more success in Division C. Stick at it and it'll come good.

960 really is quite bizarre. Work to be done in this format for me. The boys will be back on the training ground tomorrow. Although we'll be back to league action and the league remains the club's priority.

Good game, enjoyed that format for a change, never knew it was a thing. Always a good learning experience playing the top guys.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Cols is one of only two in the division to beat me this season. My other defeat was due to a massive brain fart but cols outplayed me.

Raises his game for the big boys IMO.